Couple Game

Vanaa's POV

We both walked together towards the decorated altar, I was holding his arms in a western style. Slowly we climbed up the stairs unfortunately my lehenga was too heavy for me to carry and I got struck on mid way, as usual he helped me to climb up as a perfect gentleman.

We were standing at the center of the stage by entangling our hands. It was a open altar with floral decorations and the mild music was playing at the background which soothes my burning heart. We together greeted the visitors and took a seat for us. Aathira stood next to me, like her his look - like cousin Shiv was standing next to him. They both were busy in talking something about business , really I felt thankful towards Aathira for her company.

Slowly guests were all started to turn up and one by one came to convey their wishes. Maximum all were their clients, investors and family friends. I never knew the man I married was so rich and popular man in the city.

Now I really wondered why Sanaa ran away leaving him. Little I know about her was she love luxurious life and want to get that, she was crazy about rich life from her childhood. Definitely something happened in between which none were aware of, how to dig the truth. I was in my own world suddenly Surya pulled my hands without anyone's knowledge and gave a killer gaze. I was struck, why he look super angry now??

He whispered near my ears, " Keep smiling everyone are watching you". I turn around to see few glances were on me including my MIl and her strange friends, instantly I extended my lips till my ears to fake a smile.

Everyone looked happy in their own way. Some where dancing with their partner, some where chit chatting with their friends and some where talking about business. I was fed up with this drama and had a flash of my own family. My eyes were pooled with tears somehow I managed to wipe it without anyone's knowledge especially from Surya otherwise he will scold me again.

"Hi Surya!! Hi Sister!! Congratulations wish you a happy married life" said Sudhir anna whole heartedly with his pleasant smile. I turned around to his side and anticipated with a smile. Ofcourse he is like my brotherly figure whenever I see him I feel like a family especially like Gowtham anna.

"Thank you Anna" I said happily. Sudhir anna was surprised, his eyebrows were raised up he instantly smiled back and said,
" I'm so happy that you regarded me as your brother and it's my pleasure to get a sister like you".

Surya was astonished to see our bounding but he didn't speak up. Also I didn't mind him and spoke casually with Sudhir Anna. He introduced his parents to me they were also so sweet like him. They gifted me with Saree and jewells and blessed me to stay happy ever. I was touched by their selfless love for me.

When Sudhir anna left the stage I felt a strange difference with Aathira, she looked pale and disappointed. Then I noticed her eyes were following Sudhir Anna. He looked casual with her but I suspected that something fishy with her.

"Good evening gentlemen and women!! Everyone please pay attention. Right now we are celebrating my beloved cousin Surya's wedding. Absolutely this evening was stunning but, I feel something missing. Can anyone guess what was that???" Asked Shiv enthusiastically.

"Ofcourse I know Shiv if there is a party definitely there must be a dance and some more fun ", said Sudhir Anna and winked his eyes.

" Exactly Sudhir we will make couple dance but I have planned something different in that" said Shiv.

"So what was that shiv?? May I know??" Exclaimed Sudhir anna.

"Yeah definitely and you will be my partner to conduct this couples game" said Shiv. Sudhir anna showed thumbs up and joined Shiv.

"Ok now I will brief the game rules, guys listen carefully" said Shiv and everyone were excited about the game

Shiv explained the game rules and how to play the game.

Game Rules:

*All the participants on the dance floor.

*And we will tie the couples hands together with a piece of cloth.

*Each participant will receive one balloon tied with a 10" length of ribbon.

*Ask everyone to tie the balloon to one of their ankles.

*The couples should not fall down while playing the game. If so they will be disqualified.

*You will stop dancing only when DJ stops the music. Until that you must dance.

*You are not supposed to hit others balloons with your hands, only you will stomp and break the balloons.

*When everyone is ready, ask the group to move out to the dance floor.

*When the music starts, everyone begins dancing. At the same time, every couple should try to stomp on and pop others balloon while trying to keep their own balloon from being popped.

*The last couple with an intact balloon win the game. And they will be impressed crowned as best couple.

When shiv finished saying this everyone were excited and clapped their hands.

"First we would like to call upon all the couples to the dance floor. So let's have more fun" exclaimed Shiv and Sudhir anna.

Author's POV:

All the young couples were excitedly joined the game leaving elderly couples to enjoy and cheer them. Shiv and Sudhir compelled Surya and Vanaa to join the game but they both denied with an excuse of being tired. Almost there were around some fifteen couples.

They tied each couples right hand with two feet length of cloth and also tied balloon at their left ankle. The DJ played the music and all the couples started to dance and tried to stomp others balloons. It was really enjoyable when everyone tried to stomp on others and saving there own. Husband and wife tried to balance eachother from without hitting the ground. But unfortunately some fell down and lost the game.

Once the music stopped all were running to a safe place and took a breathe. After round one now there were ten couples who saved their balloon. Again after few minutes of break DJ played the music, instantly couples start dancing and tried to stomp others balloons.

By the time now even Vanaa was also hooked up the game and watching it keenly. She was also started to cheer up the participants by clapping her hands. Another side Surya showed zero interest and started to check his official emails.

Now the music was stopped and at the end of second round only 5 couples were left out. They were resting for few minutes and were ready for the final round.

While others playing the game, without getting anyone's attention Shiv whispered something to one elder man of the party. Immediately he took the mike and made an announcement,

"It's time for our newly wedded couples to join the game let's all welcome Mr & Mrs Surya Pratap" said the elder man proudly.

Vanaa and Surya were shocked and stood their as a stone. Shiv and Sudhir encouraged everyone to chant their names and asked them to join the game.

Vanaa and Surya were stunned and looked at eachother's face...

To be continued....

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi