Chapter 2

A week later, Amiyah was in court with one of her client.

Amiyah stood in front of the jury. "George Martin, is was an outstanding husband and father. He works hard to provide for his family day in and day out. He was always active in his families live's and he loved them dearly. So much love that he wouldn't have the heart to even lay a finger on his son and wife. He has never even had a ticket, let alone any charge against him. Look at him? Does that look like a man who is murderer? Or a man that misses his family deeply?but of course the past, his story, and his appearance may not matter but the proof does. And the evidence that I presented today should be the proof that you need to see that Mr. Martin did not brutally murder his wife and son but instead it was Charles Hall out of jealousy", Amiyah said. "That will be all"

Amiyah walked back to her seat and as she did she saw Lamar sitting down with everybody else in the court room.

The judge called a recess while the jury made their decision.

"Fingers crossed", Amiyah said.

George nodded before the police walked him away.

Amiyah grabbed her things and walked toward the door, but she stopped to talk to Lamar.

"Hey, what brings you here?", she asked.

"I have to testify for the next case. You know give them a detailed description and explain the evidence at the scene", he said.

"Oh, okay", Amiyah said.

Bianca began walking in the court room and saw Amiyah talking to Lamar. "Well, good luck with that", Amiyah said.

"Thanks", Lamar replied.

Amiyah walked to Bianca and Bianca walked out with Amiyah.

"Girl, who is that? He is fine", Bianca said.

"My new neighbor", Amiyah said. "He works with the police department. He's a forensic scientist"

"Isn't that what you wanted to be?", Bianca asked.

"Yea and aren't you supposed to be defending somebody right now?", Amiyah asked.

"Oh shit. Oh yea", Bianca said. "We'll talk later"

Bianca walked at a quick pace into the courtroom.

Amiyah smiled and shook her head as she sat down to get a breather and relax her mind when she got a call from another friend that she has known since high school named Dominic. While Amiyah and Bianca lived in Los Angeles, he lived in San Francisco. He would always call her or Bianca for advice on the ladies.

"What woman are you trying to get into your bed now, Nic?", Amiyah asked.

"Damn. I can't call to check on my friend?", Dominic asked.

"I'm fine, Dominic. How are you?", Amiyah asked.

"I feel great", Dominic said.

Amiyah chuckled. "What got you so happy?", she asked.

"Listen me tell yoouuuu, that advice that you gave me did not work", Dominic said.

"And you're happy about that?", Amiyah asked.

"Yes. Because that bitch was crazy", Dominic said.

Amiyah started laughing.

"Crazy as hell", Dominic said. "The type of female you gotta change yo number, address, social security number, all that shit"

"That bad?", Amiyah asked as she calmed down a little bit with her laughing.

"Yes", Dominic said.