Chapter 34

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE

The next morning Kaden was crying while Amiyah was in the shower. Dominic was in his room trying to get him to settle down.

"So you make a stank, and I don't have no milk for you because that's your mom's job so how about this. How about I sing your favorite song?", Dominic said as he stood over the crib.

Kaden continued to cry.

Dominic began singing a lullaby.

Slowly but surely, Kaden stopped crying.

Dominic started to get happy as he continued to sing and dance. When he turned around he saw Amiyah and he stopped singing and dancing.

Amiyah raised her eyebrows

"Yea, how much of that did you see exactly?", Dominic asked.

Kaden started crying again.

"Everything", she said before walking to the crib. "Keep singing"

Dominic started singing again which calmed Kaden down.

As Dominic sang, Amiyah looked at him. His voice was actually good. She never heard him sing before she was shocked.

Amiyah smiled from the sound of his voice as she looked at Kaden.

Kaden suddenly started to cry again.

Amiyah picked him up and Dominic stopped singing.

"He's probably just hungry", Amiyah said as she unbuttoned the top of her shirt with on hand.

Dominic looked away.

Amiyah began feeding Kaden. "Dominic, you don't have to look away. He's covering me up and well... you're my boyfriend now", she said.

"Right", Dominic said as he turned around.

"So he was hungry, but I do think that he did like the music", Amiyah said. "Your voice is good. How come I never heard it?"

"Because I don't sing", Dominic said.

"You should use what God gives you", Amiyah said.

"On my own times", Dominic said before looking at her. "And when it's just me and my boy Kaden"

"So, you've done this before?", Amiyah said.

"Yea. When you're knocked out or in the shower", Dominic said.

"And you didn't tell me he likes to be sung to?", Amiyah asked.

"But then I would have to hear you sing and baby you can't sing. I'm sorry", Dominic said.

Amiyah smiled a little at the fact that he called her baby. I felt weird because they had been friends for so long but it was a good kind of weird.

"I can sing", Amiyah said jokingly. She knew she couldn't sing for nothing.

"You can sit and look pretty, you're smart and independent, but you can not sing", Dominic said.

Amiyah chuckles. "What song was that anyways?", she asked.

"I have no idea what it's called but my mom used to sing it to me", he said.

Amiyah nods. "I like it", she said.

As Amiyah looked down, she saw that Kaden went to sleep. She put him back into the crib and covered herself back up.

Dominic looked at her. "Can I ask you something?", he asked.