Chapter 1 - Bad As Siblings

"This is how you play house, silly. I'm the Momma; you're the Daddy, and this is our baby." I instruct as I gently pat the baby's bottom.

"I'd rather play with my trucks, Gigi. Come on; you always choose what we play!" John Luke pouts as he hands back the baby.

"Fine. We can play trucks for a little bit after we play house." I grumbled as I throw my hands up in surrender.

"You promise?" he asks.

I put my pinky out towards him. "Pinky swear."

"No, spit on it." He touts with an evil grin as he expectorates into his hand and reaches out for me.

I cry out in disgust as I back away from him. "Yuck!"

He belts out an evil laugh and chases me around the room, trying to get me to shake his hand. I screech and run away playfully.

We are interrupted once we hear Uncle Sef holler from the living room. "John Luke, Gigi... simmer down in there!"

I put my hand up to cover my mouth and quietly giggle. "Okay, Uncle Sef. Sorry."

He opens the door to John Luke's room to check on us. "You two getting along okay in here?" he asks.

We both nod our heads. "John Luke was chasing me around with his spit," I whimpered.

Uncle Sef chuckles. "Eww, buddy, you shouldn't spit on girls."

John Luke pouts and crosses his arms. "Daddy, she always makes me play house."

"Why don't you two play one thing for a little bit, then switch?" Uncle Sef advises. We both nod in agreement. "If you two can be a little bit quieter in here, I'll take you out for ice cream, okay?"

Anytime someone mentions the word ice cream, I'm overcome with excitement. I clap my hands and jump up and down in place.

"Yay! We will be quiet, Daddy." John Luke whoops.

Uncle Sef flashes us both a smile before turning to shut the door behind him as he exits the room.

I look at John Luke with my hands on my hips. "Your daddy says to quit spitting on girls."

"He said, girls. You are not a girl. You are a big old stinky fart head!" he giggles.

I stick out my tongue. "You are a big slimy booger head!"

John Luke and I laugh out loud; he runs over to his toy box and pulls out his truck. "Let's play trucks."

I realize he is not budging, so I have decided to surrender. It's nothing new with John Luke. Usually, I'm the first to give in since Daddy says I'm the oldest. It's what they expect of me. "Okay, we can play trucks," I rush over to the toy box, grab the truck, and we crash them into each other.

After a little while, Uncle Sef comes back in. "Okay, you guys are very quiet in here, let's go get some ice cream, and then I'll take you home, Gigi."

I run and grab ahold of his leg, wrapping my arms around him tightly. "Thank you, Uncle Sef,"

"You are a little sweetie pie." Uncle Sef reaches down to pick me up, then looks down at John Luke, "You ready to go, buddy?"

John Luke nods his head then reaches out to grab his Daddy's hand. Then Uncle Sef helps us into the truck and drives to the ice cream parlor.

"You guys want the same thing? The ice cream sundae with the gummy worm?" he asks while he leads us through the entrance with each of us holding his hand. We both nod in agreement.

"Okay, go sit down at the table and be good, and I'll bring back your ice cream." He orders as he pulls his wallet out of his back pocket and points towards the empty table to the right.

We run over excitedly and sit down at the table while Uncle Sef orders. John Luke pulls up the menu and places it in front of his face to block me from making eye contact. I sigh and roll my eyes. He always does this! Why does he have to be so mean all the time?

He peeks around the menu, glaring at me, and starts to growl, "Stop staring at me, weirdo!"

"Ugh!" I yell out, and I put my head down on the table and cover up with my arms.

We sit there silently, avoiding eye contact with each other until Uncle Sef comes back with our ice cream, "You two not looking at each other again?" he questions as he sets our ice cream in front of us. I pull my head up from the table, and John Luke puts the menu down.

"She keeps staring at me." John Luke whines.

"I am not!" I yell defensively.

Uncle Sef hands us each a spoon, "Shhh-you two need to stop fighting. Geez! You are as bad as siblings." He shakes his head and takes a sip of his milkshake. "Eat up, guys. You two have spent enough time together; you need a break from each other."

I stick my spoon in the ice cream and take a bite, "Yummy," I blurt out as I put my thumbs up.

Uncle Sef nods his head and grins at me, "Good, huh?"

With a mouth full of ice cream, I reply, "Delicious!"

John Luke furiously jabs his fork into the table, "She always gets what I get!"

Uncle Sef glares at him, "So what? It does not matter, buddy. It only matters when you want to share your food with someone."

"Yuck, I'm never sharing my food with her. She's got cooties!" He barks.

Uncle Sef laughs and shakes his head, "Never say never, little man."

I shrug it off and finish my ice cream. Once we finish eating, Uncle Sef takes me back to my house.

We arrive at my house a few moments later. Uncle Sef helps John Luke and me out of the truck and through the front door. Daddy is on the sofa, eating potato chips while watching television. His name is Dylan. "Hi, Daddy!" I holler out as I run to him.

Daddy puts his arms out to me, "Hi, baby. Did Daddy's princess have fun?" He asks as he puts his arms out and kisses me on the forehead.

"Yea, John Luke tried to spit on me," I say with a disgusted look.

Daddy and Uncle Sef howl with laughter. "Yuck! Boys are gross!" Daddy chokes out. John Luke sticks his tongue out at me, and I mirror him by sticking my tongue out at him.

Daddy directs his attention to Uncle Sef, "Alright, buddy. See you in the morning."

"Okay, later." Uncle Sef responds, and he pats John Luke on the back, "Alright, buddy, tell Gigi bye."

John Luke crosses his arms. "Bye." He mumbles.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him and squeeze him tightly. "Bye, John Luke," I say as he attempts to wiggle out of my arms. "Wait! I just want to hug you, John Luke," I plead as I wrestle with him for a hug.

"I don't hug girls. Get off me, Gigi!" He hisses.

"Fine," I sigh audibly as I let him go.

Uncle Sef bends down on one knee to my level. "Don't worry, Gigi, in a few years, he will want to hug you, and you will be the one to push him away."

Daddy chimes in, "He'd better not be hugging on my princess."

Uncle Sef rolls his eyes as he and John Luke head out.