Chapter 3

~The Next Thursday~

Since last week we've continued working on the exercises I introduced to them and I've already seen progress between Chris and Zoey, both their relationship and bond have made leaps and bounds since I first met them... 

We're sitting in the Seargent's lounge after training today when Chris subtly mentions enlisting again, 

"You know it's never too late to enlist, I wasn't lying when I told you you'd make an amazing Marine..."

"You're not gonna let this go until I say yes, are you?" I laugh.

"Nope, probably not..." he laughs too. 

"Okay..." I finally agree... 

"Okay?" he asks almost confused. 

"I'm saying I'll think about it." I pause and start thinking, "But you better owe me a thousand hot showers." I laugh. 

"Deal, haha..." he laughs. 

*** 

Chris calls me that Friday Night apparently just to talk about enlistment papers... 

"Hey have you thought any more about our recent conversation?"

"Hey... sorry, I haven't... actually can I talk to you on Tuesday? Um, I gotta get this paper finished for my English class..."

"Okay, yeah whatever sure."

"Is everything okay?"

"You're just not taking this seriously..."

"What? Are you accusing me of something? Just tell me what you're thinking, geez..." 

"No, you know what sorry... get back to your paper and we'll see you Tuesday."

"Okay, have a good night bye." 

***

Later That Night at the Military Base, 

Chris is sitting watching TV when Parker walks in to get a drink of water, 

"I heard you on the phone earlier, who was it?" he asks. 

"It was Faith, but she's busy..." he shrugs it off. 

"Eh, well not everyone can make time for you Mr." he says as he grabs a bottle of water from the fridge, 

"Gee thanks..." he rolls his eyes sensing the empty compliment.

"Yeah," he takes a drink of water before asking him, "So how is training with the girl going, dude?"

"It's going, alright..." Chris says emotionlessly, 

"That bad, huh? I thought I was a hopeless romantic." Jackson laughs. 

Chris immediately goes on the defense and asks him, "What are you implying? I'm just trying to get her to help me and Zoey, and then get her to join, it would be good for us." he finishes explaining.