¹⁵ New Friendships

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on January 1st 2021, 12:31 am, IST

¹⁵ New Friendships

"Oh, James- you're a genius!"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    "EVANS! EVANS, wait up!" James yelled, effectively stopping Lily in her tracks.

    "Potter," She groaned. "What do you want?"

    James' earnest expression flattered a bit when he saw Lily's annoyed face.

    "I needed to tell you that Remus won't be able to make it to patrolling tonight."

    Lily's face scrunched for a moment in confusion but then cleared. "Is this about Remus'. . . thing?"

    James froze, in surprise, his eyes widening. He quickly grabbed Lily's arm and dragged her into an empty classroom, locked the door and cast the Mufiliato spell on it.

    "What do you know about Remus?" He asked, clearly panicked.

    "Geez, relax, James!" Lily scoffed, rubbing her arm. "I've known that he's a werewolf since last year! I'm not going to tell anyone!"

    "Right," James cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck. "Now, listen here, Lily: Remus is a wonderful person. He's harmless! I mean, he folds his socks. So if you treat Remus any different from now, I'm sorry to say that I'll hex you-"

    "Of course I'm not going to treat him differently! Remus is amazing! He's still the same person! And like you said, he folds his socks! Who could hate such a lovely, adorable, cinnamon roll of a person! I just wish there was any way I could help him. . ."

    "We- er, we already found a way to help him. . ."

    Lily stared at him in anticipation "Why aren't you telling me? It's not illegal or something, is it?" She laughed weakly when James bit his lip and looked away.

    "Oh my Merlin, you are! You are doing something illegal! What the hell, James!? What are you doing?!" She asked fiercely, grabbing him by his collar, shaking him.

    "We're unregistered animagi! Okay? Unregistered animagi!"

    Lily let go off his collar, surprised. "Of course! Werewolves won't hurt other animals when- Oh, James- you're a genius!"

    "What?"

    "Merlin, James! That's so bloody smart! That's so lovely of you to do that for Remus!" She hugged him tightly for a second and then let go.

    "What's your animagus?" She asked excitedly. "Go on, transform for me!"

    And then James wasn't there anymore, for in his place stood a magnificent stag, standing proudly in front of his soulmate, even if they didn't know it at the time.

    Lily squealed and clapped, then stroked the stag's head. "Prongs! That's where it comes from! And Sirius and Peter's names, Padfoot and Wormtail? What are their animagi forms?"

    James transformed back. "Sirius is a big black dog, and Peter is a rat. But that's all the information I can share with you. If you want more, you'll have to ask Remus."

    "Right, of course," Then Lily hesitated before adding- "James, can we be friends? I'd like to help Remus in any way I can. Am I right when I say that you three get hurt at times after a full moon? I'd like to try and heal you. I want to become a healer after finishing school, and this might be a good opportunity for me to practice."

    "Okay," James smiled warmly, though a little broken inside that she only thought of him as a friend. "We can be friends, Evans."

    "You can call me Lily from now on. That's what friends do, right?"

    "Yeah! Well then, Lily, I think we should get going. I need to tell the others."

    "Goodbye, James. Take care."

━━━━☆━━━━

Can someone believe that Lily Evans would actually saythat James is a genius? Yeah, me neither

that James is a genius? Yeah, me neither.
Also, happy 2021!!!!!!!! ♡♡♡♡♡
See you at the next update!

Kathu