Ice cream

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

Danny did not know how to feel. There was relief but also fear. He had externalized the emotions he kept hidden for years however he hurt Mr. Grayson. What if Mr. Grayson did not want him after his outbreak? Where would he go? He could never return to his parents so if Mr. Grayson -

"Climb on." Danny snapped his attention to Jason's hand. He didn't realize he had followed the man outside. "Take the helmet," Jason shoved a blue helmet into his hands, climbing on to his bike. "Come on slowpoke." Danny glanced back at the manor before putting on the helmet. He needed to be away from manor. Away from Mr. Grayson. He climbed on behind Jason, gripping his torso. 

"Where are we going?" Jason didn't reply. He sped off into the city. Danny held onto him for whatever life he had. Did Jason have a license for his motorbike? Jason broke every traffic law in the country. Like Red Hood. His physique was the same and so was his aura. It couldn't be a coincidence? 

"Earth to Danny," Jason flicked Danny's forehead.

"Ow," Danny threw the helmet at him. Jason caught it with ease. Danny followed after Jason as he led them inside an ice cream shop. Danny rubbed his eyes to conform they truly were in an ice cream shop. He didn't take Jason as an ice cream person. Maybe he came to run an errand?

"Stop staring at my back and order up," Jason pulled Danny in front of him. "If you don't order in the next ten seconds, I'm going to order for you." Danny glanced at all the flavors. He did not know there were so many. "10." Danny's mouth watered in anticipation. He could go for ice cream. "We'll take one caramel chocolate and one hazelnut." Jason handed the cashier the money, dragging Danny to a table. 

"I didn't order."

"I decide for you."

"You said ten seconds."

"You weren't going to make the count." The table fell into silence as Danny glanced around the small shop. It felt homely. Danny placed his head on the table. Sam, Tucker and him could have been at Nasty Burger but here he was with a complete stranger. "Our order is ready. Let's go. I know a good place to enjoy ice cream." Danny wanted to argue but Jason was long gone. With a sigh, Danny chased after the man. Jason led them to a bench near a pond. Danny took a seat beside him, making sure to keep a safe distance. 

"Thank you," the chocolate caramel ice cream truly was a good choice. Jason didn't look at him. He continued to watch the water. Danny liked the peaceful silence. It felt comfortable. 

"He really cares for you - Dick I mean," Danny gripped the bench. "Don't break his heart. It's what keeps us together." Danny felt a pang of jealousy by how much emotions those simple sentences held. He didn't know Jason but he knew for him to say that with such emotions meant more than he could understand. 

"I wasn't trying to hurt him -"

"I know." Danny followed Jason's gaze to the water. He felt he had to say more yet Jason's body language stopped him. 

"Why are we here?" 

"No reason." Jason's short answers were frustrating Danny. Why could he not say what was on his mind? Was he mad? Disappointed? Did he want to smack Danny for hitting his brother? Danny couldn't understand the man.

"If you're mad that I hurt your brother, just say it!" Danny stood in front of Jason. "Stop beating around the bush! Tell me I'm a horrible person. Throw me out for all I care! I punched Mr. Grayson, ran away from the manor, have been nothing but a burden from the moment I arrived and all I have done is complain. So Just tell me to get lost!" Jason stood up from the bench, ruffling Danny's hair. Danny was more than confused by the action. Why did he not scream at him?

"That's what you have been telling yourself." Danny blinked at Jason's words. How would he know what he had been telling himself? "You're angry, confused, and sad but you're not a horrible person. We are not going to abandon you. The moment you stepped into Wayne manor, you became one of us. You are family and there is no escaping this family." Jason's words caught Danny off guard. The man only became more confusing. He always acted so cold but here he was being ......... supportive. Yes, supportive was the right word. 

"You have no idea how I feel-"

"My biological mother sold me to a mad man. I know how it feels to be abandoned by the people who were meant to love and protect us. Stop thinking you're alone. It will only lead you to your death." Danny hugged the man as tears made their way down. He wanted to believe he wasn't alone. That even he could have a place to call home. That Jason could understand him. Jason stroked his hair, not saying a word. 

"Promise you won't leave me?" Danny did not know when the words left his mouth or why he was so desperate for Jason to say yes? He could survive on his own. Promises always break. People always leave. It was better to be alone. 

"I promise." Two simple words cut through the wall Danny had been building. Two simple words. He didn't know if they were true but for now, he wanted to believe them. Once Danny had relaxed, Jason led him to his motorcycle. 

"Our secret-" Danny and Jason began at the same time. They came to silent understanding as they headed back to the manor. Maybe this could be a new start. No more Guys in White or Vlad Masters or Ghost hunters. Maybe Danny could enjoy the life of a normal teen............

Maybe he could be happy.

A/N:

What's your favorite Ice Cream flavor? Recently I have been eating a lot of Chocolate Carmel ice cream. (I know tis is not the season for ice cream but can you blame me?).

Like and comment.

☠👻☠

Be safe!

.