I'm no 'world's greatest detective'

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Planning on running away kid?" The robotic voice stopped Danny from turning ghost as he stood still. "Again."

"N-no-"

"Whatever, Let's go." Danny quickly caught the helmet Red Hood threw at him. Even though he did not want to go anywhere with the man, he was terrified to disobey him. If Gotham times was a reliable source of information, then it was best if he did as told. He didn't want to test the man who was three times his size and had two guns strapped to his waist. Red Hood grabbed the helmet out of his hands, placing it on his head, dragging him to his bike. "I don't got all day, kid." By the time the ride was over, Danny was shaking in fear. Who drives like that? Did the man have a licence? Red Hood didn't even wait until he caught his breath before putting him over his shoulders. Danny struggled against the man's hold but the man had an iron grip. Was this the same man who saved his life last time?

"W-her-e are we?" Red Hood didn't answer, simply throwing him on the sofa.

"Sit and stay." Danny felt like his face was on fire as Red Hood patted his head like he was some lost puppy. This was his opportunity to escape but all hope was lost when he observed his surroundings. The wall behind him was covered with guns and weapons he had never seen. All the windows seemed to have some sort of security system and he doubted he could just walk out the door. He could turn ghost but then he would be revealing his secret. Unlike the manor, Red Hood did not attempt to hide the cameras in the small living room. Was this his home? It was dusty but it had all the supplies for someone to occupy it. "Alright Kid. Let's make this quick." Red Hood entered the room however his helmet was replaced with a baseball hat and a mask. The man still used the same robotic voice but at least he no longer had the guns on him. At least not visibly in sight.

"Y-es?" Red Hood took a medical box, preparing a springe. Danny paled as the man turned to him.

"Relax kid, it's painless compared to -" Danny stopped fiddling with his hands as Red Hood abruptly stopped mid sentence. Compared to what? Was he going to torture him? God No!

"A-re," he suddenly felt like he was suffocating as he tried to speak. His eyes were glued to the springe in the man's hand. Red Hood reached out to grab his arm but Danny was quicker. Jumping onto the leather couch, using all his weight and momentum he lunged at Red Hood. He could never allow the man to put that needle in him. The needle dropped to the ground but Red Hood only stumbled a few steps before regaining his balance. Just as quickly, pining Danny to the ground. He pushed Danny's face into the dusty wooden floor boards, placing a knee on his spine and holding his hands out of reach.

"You just had to piss me off!" Danny shivered at the man's tone. Danny prayed to the higher ghosts as Red Hood handcuffed his hands and pulled him to his feet. He dragged him to a dining room chair, cuffing him to it. Red Hood pulled another chair only inches away from Danny. The man had the wildest grin as he took a seat. "You're lucky kid. You know who I am?" Danny gave him a hesitant nod. "Then you know what I do. I ain't Batman and certainly not Blue bird." Who was the blue bird? Was it some sort of metaphor?

"P-l-"

"Do you want me to cut your tongue?" Danny closed his mouth, shaking his head in a no. The man had an unreadable expression, causing Danny to hold onto his chair as the man threw his to the side. Danny's nails dug into the wooden chair as he watched the man throw his furniture at the walls. After what felt like forever, the man calmed down. "Why are you shaking, kid? I thought you liked the cold." Danny's heart stopped as his eyes dilated. "H~hey breathe kid. I don't want you dying on me!" Danny's vision blurred as Red Hood panicked. "Don't cry kid-"

"Please let me go home. I promise I won't run away ever again." Tears continued to fall from the teens eyes. He was the ghost boy, protector of Amity park but in Gotham, he was nothing but a pathetic teen.