Chapter 5: Praetor's Plans

/Chapter 5: Praetor's Plans

Reyna nodded, "It is decided then. Perseus is a member of the fifth cohort. You are all dismissed."

The centurions other than Piper walked away while Piper looked at Percy curiously, "It would have been nice to work with you Perseus." She said in a disappointed tone.

Percy smiled, "Just because we're not in the same cohort doesn't mean we can't work together. We are both still members of the legion and I would like to spar with you again as you are quite skilled. But I don't have any interest in being in the same legion as Octavian, no offense to the first."

Piper scowled and looked at Reyna, "That little weasel just cost me the best recruit to come to camp since I've been here, I'm going to kill him."

Percy chuckled, "Perhaps someone outta cut that silver tongue of his out of his mouth to avoid any more of his antics."

Piper smirked, "You can get in line behind me, but there are plenty of people ahead of us as well." She said before walking away leaving Percy alone with Reyna.

"Walk with me Perseus, we need to talk." Reyna said before spinning on her heel and walking out of the coliseum.

Percy raised an eyebrow but quickly caught up to Reyna who was walking briskly out of New Rome and back towards the barrack area of Camp Jupiter. They walked in silence until they reached the Principia where Reyna opened the door for Percy before she followed him in locking the door behind her./

Persephone raised an eyebrow.

/When he heard the lock click on the door, his instincts took over and he reached into his pocket where he grabbed ahold of his pen.

Reyna noticed his tension and smirked, "I am not going to attack you Perseus, I simply wish to discuss a few things with you."

Percy nodded and relaxed as Reyna made her way over to her desk and sat down before gesturing to the seat in front of her desk for Percy to sit in.

Reyna sat back in to her chair as her eyes lingered on Percy who waited patiently for her to speak.

"Where have you been before you came to this camp Perseus?" Reyna asked casually./

"Taking a really long nap," Percy said.

/Percy raised an eyebrow at her question, "Lady Diana already explained where I have been praetor, why the sudden interest?"

Reyna eyed him closely for a minute before sighing, "Perseus, this camp is in trouble. Ever since my counterpart went missing, there has been a power struggle among the centurions to fill his role. None of them have what it takes to lead the legion as it should be led but I believe you may be the answer I have been looking for. But if I were to work with you, then I would need to trust you and while I believe what Lady Diana told me, I also know there is far more to your story."

Percy's eyes widened at her words, "You want me to become praetor? I just got here today." He asked incredulously./

"Wow, that's really impressive," Jason said.

/Reyna nodded with a determined look, "I know a warrior and a leader when I see one and I know that you are what this camp needs."

Percy nodded slowly, "I don't think I would be the best choice for praetor but I will tell you what I know as long as you do me one favor."

Reyna nodded for him to continue.

"Please call me Percy; I don't like to be called Perseus." He said seriously./