three

"Is that everything? You have absolutely everything you need?" Sirius asked his daughter for the millionth time that morning. She chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, Dad, I told you I did." She replied, closing up her trunk.

"Are you sure, though?" He continued, and she chuckled once more. "Did you get your wand?"

"Right here."

"All your robes and your uniforms?"

"All in there."

"Your extra clothes and warm clothes for the winter? It comes quick."

"Yes, Dad."

"What about your diary?" He asked. She pulled him into a tight hug to hush him up. He gladly returned it, knowing this would be the last time he'd hold her in his arms until Christmas, probably.

"I won't be needing my diary anymore." She pulled away to look at him. He nodded.

"I am so very proud of you, Aurora Rosamund Black." He leaned down and kissed her head.

"Thank you."

"You can use Harry's owl to write me, but remember what we talked about." He pointed his finger at her sternly. She nodded.

"Address you as Padfoot, never dad. And, I can't tell anyone I'm Harry's sister." She said, and he nodded.

"Those two things are gravely important for you to remember." He brushed his hand through her hair. "Are you sure you got everything?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed exasperatedly, but she had a smile on her face. He was just teasing her at this point, and he let out a laugh. He pulled her into another hug before grabbing all her stuff so he could take it downstairs. "Dad, wait."

"Yes, darling?"

"What if I don't get sorted into Gryffindor?" She asked. He just shrugged.

"Whatever house you're in doesn't matter. You know what you stand for, and you know that you're a kind, good-hearted young woman who will stand up for what she believes in and never let anyone walk over her or the people she loves. You're strong, courageous, and extremely intelligent. Your house doesn't matter, and I'll be immensely proud of you either way." He assured her. She nodded, feeling better about the situation. "And, Aurora, people may say things to you about me. They may make comments about the accusations made towards me. Don't let it get to you. They want to upset you, don't give them the satisfaction. You know the truth about the situation, and that's all that matters."

"I know." She nodded. She followed him downstairs and he magically transported her items down. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny all stood there with their items, ready to head to the train station. Harry's hearing took place and they didn't want to believe him, or mainly believe that Voldemort was back and behind the Dementor attack, but Dumbledore reasoned with them and enough of the committee voted to drop all of his charges. So, he wasn't going to Azkaban and he was back at Hogwarts for his fifth year, thankfully.

"Well, it looks like it's time." He rubbed her shoulder. "I'll be alright here, Aurora."

"I know." She nodded. "These people will make sure nothing happens to you."

"I'm glad you're deciding to trust them." He smiled. "Well, we don't want you to be late. Hurry up now, everyone. It's time to go to Hogwarts." They all cheered, and Arthur and Molly said goodbye to their kids. Harry and Sirius said goodbye to each other, too. "Make sure you take care of her, Harry. I'm counting on you."

"I won't let anything happen to her, Sirius. I know she really is your daughter, no matter who gave birth to her. But, she's also my sister and I already love her dearly. So, you don't have to worry. I'll make sure her transition into this new life is seamless." Harry told him. Sirius smiled and nodded, giving him one last hug before he went.