twenty eight

"Mr. Ollivander, I need to ask you a few questions." Harry and the others stepped into his room. He wasn't looking great at all.

"Anything, my boy, anything." He spoke gently, a small, weak smile on his face.

"Would you mind identifying this wand? We need to know if it's safe to use." Harry handed him Bellatrix's wand, to which he examined it.

"Walnut... Dragon heartstring... Twelve and three-quarter inches. Unyie— Unyielding." He looked over at them. "This belonged to Bellatrix Lestrange." He handed it back to him. "Treat it carefully."

"And this?" Aurora asked, just curious, as she handed him Draco's wand.

"Hawthorn... And unicorn hair. Ten inches, reasonably pliant." He put his ear up to it, then looked to Aurora. "This was the wand of Draco Malfoy."

"Was? Is it not still?" Harry asked.

"Well, perhaps not, if he handed it over to her." He looked at Aurora once more. "I sense its allegiance has changed." He handed it back to her, and she stared down at it.

"You talk about wands as if they have feelings... can think." Harry spoke, but somewhat asked.

"The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. That much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wandlore."

"And what do you know about the Deathly Hallows?"

"It is rumored there are three. The Elder Wand, the Cloak of Invisibility to hide you from your enemies, and the Resurrection Stone to bring back loved onces from the dead. Together, they make one the master of death. But few truly believe that such objects exist." He explained.

"Do you?" Aurora asked. "Do you believe they exist, sir?"

"Well..." He stuttered. "I see no reason to put stock into an old wives' tale."

"You're lying." Harry observed. "You know one exists. You told him about it. You told him about the Elder Wand and where he could go looking for it."

"He tortured me..." He whispered, feeling guilty for further helping the darkest wizard of all time. It reminded her of Slughorn. But, she didn't blame him. Tom, Voldemort, he's terrifying and manipulative beyond witts. There's nothing anyone can do sometimes... Like Draco's situation. "Besides, I only conveyed rumors. There's... There's no telling whether he will find it."

"He has found it, sir." Harry said regretfully. Ollivander looked up at him, then, with slightly wide eyes. "We'll let you rest."

"He's after you, Mr. Potter. And you, too, Ms. Black. If it's true, what you say, and he has the Elder Wand..." He sighed. "I'm afraid you really don't stand a chance."

"Well, I suppose I'll have to kill him before he finds me, then." Harry replied before walking out the door.

They began to construct their plan of infiltrating Gringotts. Hermione had a hair left from Bellatrix. She constructed a Polyjuice Potion, and Aurora attempted to pretend to be Bellatrix, which was immensely hard considering her mad behavior. Ron disguised himself as one of the other Death Eaters. Harry, Hermione, and Griphook followed behind them under the Cloak of Invisbility. Aurora did her best, but no one could ever replicate her eccentric behavior. They just barely got past. Harry ended up using the Imperius Curse before things went too bad. And, so they traveled through the caves and to her vault. But, before they could get there, they passed under some water called the Thief's Downfall, which removed them of their spells. Nonetheless, they found their way to the vault. There, they found the Horcrux, which Harry's connection to Voldemort allowed him to identify easily. When they touched it, it multiplied everything in the vault, almost making them drown in gold. They narrowly escaped, and when they did, the others had come after them. They used a dragon that they had snuck past before to avoid them, making it out. But, they had a problem— they had nothing to destroy it with.