Chapter 2: New "Friends"

Chapter 2:

When they arrived back at the mansion they had changed back to their normal clothes. When they walked inside, there was a dark skinned maid mopping the entrance room floor. She had short black hair with small pigtails. Her black dress was about knee length and her white pinafore apron had three buttons and two layers with a long white bow in the back and a small red bow on her shirt collar.

"Ternessa," Eartha called to the girl, "would you please take Verena to see Mally," she requested. "Sure," Ternessa replied as she leaned her mop up against the wall and waved her hand for Rena to follow her, "This way." Rena smiled slightly and followed her. Eartha turned to Mira and Lulu, "You girls may take a look around." She said calmly then turned to Alice, "Will you follow me, please." Alice looked up at her and nodded.

When everybody was gone, Anagail turned to Francline and smiled. "Want to go with me to my room and play?" She asked sweetly. Francline looked at her gladly, "Sure." She said with a smile.

Ternessa had led Rena to the room where Mally was. Mally rushed over to Rena, who was obviously in pain. Mally was a bright blue eyed girl with long brown hair and a single small pigtail on her right. She was 17 years old, but knew what she was doing when it came to nursing. She wore a red, knee-length dress and a white apron that had a red cross on the abdomen. Her stockings were red and white stripes with red heels.

"Would you mind lifting your shirt sweetness," Mally asked kindly. "Um..." Rena muttered and her face turned red. She was very modest and shy about stuff like that. Mally smiled reassuringly, "Only enough for me to see the wound is all." With her face a few shades of red lighter, Rena pulled up her shirt revealing the wound that Vespansiana had inflicted on her.

"Well, I'm going to get back to work now;" Ternessa said as she exited the room, "See you later Verena." Rena looked at her and smiled a little. "Ok. Bye," she replied as Ternessa left, closing the door behind her.

"My, that does look quite painful," Mally stated. She walked over to a cot that was next to a desk and patted it with her hand. "Would you please lay down on your side for me and we'll take care of this lickidy-split," she said with a smile. "S...sure," Rena answered as she walked towards the cot slightly hesitant. Rena laid down on the cot, facing the opposite direction of the desk. Mally walked around the cot to the desk and Rena felt uneasy since she wasn't able to see what Mally was doing at the desk. Suddenly, she felt something sting her on her side and she winced in pain.

"So, what's your name," Mally asked trying to help Rena take her mind off of the stinging of the alcohol pad on her side. "V...Verena..." she answered with clenched teeth. Then she felt Mally apply something that felt rather soothing compared to the alcohol pad. "This is just a skin adhesive," Mally said answering Rena's question before she could even ask, "it'll help the gash in your side to heal much faster," and she pulled Rena's shirt back down for her. As Mally walked back over to the desk, Rena stood up.

"Here, take this," Mally said handing her two small cups. One had a pill in it, the other had some water. "It'll help ease the pain some," she pointed out as Rena took the medicine from her. "Thanks," Rena said timidly with a smile. Mally walked over to the door and opened it for her. "Not a problem," Mally replied happily as Rena walked out the door.

While Rena was with Mally, Lulu and Mira were exploring the mansion. While walking down a hall, they were mesmerized by the paintings on the wall, then... WHAM! Lulu hit the floor...hard. "...wall..." she moaned, "leave it to me to just walk right into a wall..." she continued to moan. Mira looked at her sister on the floor, then at the "wall" she had bumped into, and then back at her sister. She put her palm on her forehead and shook her head. I can't believe you sometimes, Lulu, Mira thought to herself.