XL: His Confessions!

(unedited I wrote it in a rush, expect tons of mistakes)

Athena

I expected him to lash out but all he did was smile at me, he even brought the work I'm supposed to do to my cabin saying that my hand is hurt so I shouldn't lift weight or overwork myself. I kept my mouth shut from letting out snide remarks, I want to know how far this drama is gonna go.

He even surprised me by bringing lunch to my cabin. I wanted to refuse but then who'd leave tasty food for a jerk like him besides I was hungry as hell so don't go judging me. The most awkward part was he won't stop staring at me while I'm eating. My hand itched to land a dark bruise on his chiseled jaw.

"Will you stop staring at me!" I yelled annoyedly, glaring daggers at him, he seemed unfazed by my scolding as he continued to stare at me with a wide grin. "You're beautiful" He mutter as if it's the most normal thing to say.

If that didn't catch me off guard then I don't know what would. I stared at him wide eyes, as if he grew another head. Man, did he loose few brain screws?

"Are you sure your alright?" I asked with a frown, but I couldn't ignore the heat that was slowly creeping up my neck.

"I'm perfectly fine, is Ma Cherie worried about me?" he added with a sexy smirk and a slight tilt to his head making him look devilishly handsome. Snap out of it!

"Ha, don't flatter yourself." I let out a snort, rolling my eyes before focusing on the falafel he got me. It tastes heavenly, I've always had a sweet spot for Mediterranean dishes.

I heard him let out a dejected sigh "I'll be leaving then!" he says while standing up from the seat across me.

"Yeah do whatever you want not that I need you here and Thanks for the lunch I'll pay you back"

"No you don't have to."

"I insist to pay Mr. King, next I don't want you calling me a gold digger" I don't know what compelled me to say those words but it surely hit the nerves, his smile dropped as he scowled at me but his eyes weren't deadly instead it held hurt "I'll never accuse you of such" his voice was barely above a whisper

"I don't trust you, you never care about others feeling before you speak." I spat, my heart clenched in pain when he accused me of whoring around.

"Yesterday...I..I..It was by mistake" What more surprises is he holding, did he just fucking stutter? I kept a straight face scrutinizing him, he shifted in his place awkwardly, wow now it's me who's intimidating him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this. Although I wanted to kill him then and there, Inside I'm a laughing mess looking at the Flustered Zephyr, the great CEO who doesn't give a damn about anything is looking like a puppy in front of me. I bit the inside of my cheeks from smiling.

"I'm really sorry Athena, I will never ever in my life accuse you or anybody falsely. I regret my actions, it wasn't like me. I'm normally not like this Athena, I don't know what made me say such words." He looked at me with pleading eyes, I could hear the sincerity in his voice and eyes.

I kept my sandwich down and stood up from my seat, ambling towards him, my eyes never leaving his. I stopped a few inches from him, he tilted his head up to look at me as he was sitting.

"Then what's making you do this?" I interrogated, I was curious to find out what's the reason behind his actions. He's been acting weird lately, his mood swings worse than that of a pregnant lady's. There has to be a reason for all this.

He averted his gaze, running a hand through his thick locks. "I don't know" he expressed unsurely.

I clenched my fists tightly, is he pretending to not know or is this another trick of his?