chapter 15

After the call with my sister,i felt a bit more motivated to take up this opportunity, it is going to be a challenge considering that i am still persuing my honours on the side but I can handle it. Its almost knock off time and i am looking forward to spending the evening with Jess since Tasha has a date with Justin this evening.

I spoke to Mr Mazibuko snr and i informed him that i will take up the responsibility provided that he allows me to respect Maqawe's office and continue working from my assigned desk for the duration. All is settled, I'll be signing the contract on monday morning for now though,i am leaving.

I wave at Pabi and as usual she returns this with her warm smile, driving out i decide to pass by at ocean basket to get myself a seafood boil for supper, i dont feel like cooking and with Jess around, I'll be spending a lot of time playing dolls and watching cartoons.

I got home, placed the food in the microwave, changed into tights and a baggy tshirt with my sleepers. Since its still 16h00 i decide to sit by the balcony and watch the sunset, while reading this amazing novel by Paulo Coelho- the alchemist.

I read 2 chapters then decided to just go through my phone, i snapped a couple of cute selfies with snapchat, which is something i havent done in a really long time, the last time i posted a picture of myself was during my graduation.

I feel cute so i post the snaps on my whatsapp story. Natasha calls to let me know that she is coming over to bring Jess.

I opened for them "heyyyy sis!" We embrace each other in a hug then Jess jumps into my arms, she looks so cute in her pink princess dress. "Hey baby, did you miss aunty Zee?" She nodds, honestly Jess is the cutest.

Tasha left immediately after dropping Jess off, we first ate, then she asked for ice cream, now i know better than to give a 3 year old ice cream in the evening but in order to keep Jess happy we give her what she wants.

We are sitting now watching Moana, it's just after 8 in the evening and she's sleepy, but you know how kids are, she is fighting the urge to sleep. Eventually she dozes off, i go and tuck her in bed then i start tidying up, putting her toys away, washing the dishes and basically putting my house back in order.

Now i finally get some me Time, i decide to go through my socials. There's tons of whatsapp messages of people complimenting the snaps that i recently posted. I replied to each and every message then another text came in "i thought you'd never respond" it's from "Future everything" I really need to change his name to Nhlakanipho , i mean thats who he is anyway.

"I was kind of caught up in something"not that its any of his business but i dont wanna appear as rude. "How was your day? How are you doing?" I am flattered by this, no one ever asks about my day or even about how i am feeling.

"I'm all good, i can't complain, my day was all good" he reads the message then leaves it on bluetick. I decide to head to bed.

Next morning, i am woken up by a call from Tasha saying she's outside. She bought me a pair of sleepers and an apron,i dont even know why she'd get me an apron as if I'm some makoti or something.

Today is my 22nd birthday! My 10th birthday which i spend without my mother and my first birthday which i get to spend on my own without my siblings.

I woke up, took a shower and decided to wear gray sweatpants and a white minnie mouse baggy t shirt, since its 10h00 i decide to clean up, do my laundry before heading out to get a few ingredients in order to cook all my favourites

After cleaning up, i prepare a farmhouse breakfast, with a side of coffee, i havent had the time to prepare this for myself due to work so i really deserve this.

I'm driving to the mall right now, i get to woolworths and start with my shopping, i bought ingredients for green salad, alfredo pasta and i bought lamb Chops, sticky ribs and snacks as well as tinroof ice cream.

I decide to get myself a bottle of non alcoholic wine, well I'm standing here on the wine isle, I'm confused i dont even know which is which, "what's the occassion" a familiar voice says this standing right next to me, its him, it's Nhlakanipho, if i didnt know better I'd say that He is stalking me, "by the way, happy birthday" he says then smiles, well he must've got that information from my whatsapp story, i posted a picture of the gift that my dad bought for me.

"Thank you" i smile then continue looking at the wines in front of me, "you seem lost, did you find what you are looking for?" He is in his work uniform so i assume he is on a lunch break.

I finally find what I'm looking for, take two bottles of wine ,i am doing all this while Nhlakanipho stands there inspecting my every move, this is so uncomfortable, he bids farewell then i continue with my shopping.

I got home, cooked my meal and decided to watch a movie,i opted for "everything,everything" its an emotional romantic movie with a happy ending, I've read the book but I'd like to watch the movie as well.

My afternoon turned into a movie marathon, I've probably watched 5 movies since i got home...