chapter 29

*2 weeks later*
Today is new years eve, Phenyo left on the Monday after the wedding weekend, but honestly apart from missing his presence he makes it a point that we talk every chance he gets, he video calls me every morning. He's honestly an amazing partner. Him and his family spent Christmas in their KZN home but he managed to send me a Christmas gift. He bought me a jewelry set and a customised white airforce with my name on it!

Well i didnt know we were getting each other gifts so i feel bad that i didn't buy him anything. My sisters and i had an amazing christmas, we spent the holiday at my mum's house in soweto, it was amazing honestly even the kids enjoyed themselves, today my sister and her kids are going to spend new years eve with her inlaws, Zinzi and her family went on holiday so I'm stuck on my own on New years eve.

Phenyo is in KZN with the family. Its 7pm and I'm sitting her in my PJ's going through people's statuses, people are living it up today. remember when i posted pictures of Phenyo and myself? Well Nhlaka decided to block me.

While scrolling through people's statuses there's an incoming call "Phenyo" pops up on my screen.

"Babe" i answer
Him:"sthandwa sam, you sound depressed on new years eve,whats wrong?" He knows exactly whats wrong I'm spending the evening all on my own.
"But i told you I'm all alone here" he chuckles "dress up and pack an overnight bag, I'm outside, 5 minutes!" Then he hangs up

Phenyo better not be playing! I'm so excited I'm even dancing. I go upstairs and pack after packing i get dressed in a white off the shoulder body suit, blue ankle jeans a denim jacket and my custom airforce sneakers. I look pretty, as I'm fixing my hair he calls again "i swear if you dont come out right now I'm going to leave" Phenyo can be very dramatic sometimes "okay fine I'm on my way!" I hang up, tied my hair into a simple bun then layed my edges and applied lipgloss.

I walk out, he gets out of the car as soon as he sees me approaching, he takes my overnight bag and puts it in the boot before attaching me with a kiss, he has been drinking and he knows how much i hate the taste of whiskey so I pull away, he laughs i guess he did that intentionally.

He takes my hand into his while driving and kisses it "you look beautiful sthandwa sam" he enjoys doing this, making me all shy "thank you" I'm blushing, he smiles and continues driving with my hand in his.

We get to a lovely house in forways, there's about 6 cars outside, we step out then walk in hand in hand, only then do i notice that we are wearing matching shoes, couple goals i tell you! We knocked and a beautiful lady opens for us, its actually the lady that was getting married the other day. "Hey guys, welcome" she gives us both hugs, I've learned at the wedding that her name is Chantell, "the guys are outside in the patio" he says to Phenyo.

"Are you going to be alright without me?" He whispers in my ear,i nodd and smile then he kisses my cheeks before walking off "Chantell, take care of my woman" Chantell takes my hand and walks with me to the kitchen where i get to meet the other ladies.
Chantell is our host-Sphelele's wife
Rori- Kat's Wife
Sindi-Andile's wife
Naledi- Sfiso's wife
They are all very friendly and welcoming, then there's another knock which Chantell rushes to, she walks back in with a beautiful indian lady, well the other ladies dont look too pleased to see her, "Zinhle this is an old friend of our's Nadia,Nadia meet Zinhle,Phenyo's girlfriend" she looks at me shocked before quickly covering it up with a smile. "You look...young" she says this while eying me from head to toe. "Nadia please we would like to have a peaceful evening" she pours herself champagn and sits on the high chair while we slave around in the kitchen. We take the salad bowls outside then my man comes up to me.

"Sthandwa sam" he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me, "i missed you" i chuckle "but I'll be spending the whole evening with you though" he gives me a mischevious smile. Our little moment was short lived when Nadia walked up to us "Phenyo!, you look amazing,its been a while" she pulls him into a very inappropriate hug. I leave them there and find a place to sit,i opt to sit on one of the couches.

Phenyo comes and sits next to me, I somehow regret coming here, all these people are grown up, I'm just a kid like Nadia said. "Are you okay babe?" He whispers into my ear, i nodd and then its time to dish up, i start with dishing up for Phenyo as the ladies dish up for their husbands, "thats too much chakalaka, Phenyo doesnt like spicy food" thats Nadia right next to me, i smile at her and continue dishing up "Phenyo Prefers chicken over steak, he hates chewy meat" thats Nadia again "well how about you dish up for him since you know everything that he likes and dislikes?" I put the plate down and walk over to the couch.

Phenyo walks over to her and it seems like they're arguing ,sindi comes and sits next to me and hands me a plate of food. "Dont mind her, she's just bitter that Phenyo finally found someone and left her booty call ass" i thank her and dig in, so i guess Nadia was once Phenyo's booty call. After sometime Phenyo comes and sits next to me, "I'm sorry about that babe" he whispers in my ear, I smile reassuring him that I'm okay.

"Can i have some food, ngilambile babe(I'm hungry)" i laugh, he joins in now everyone is looking at us so i just excuse myself then dish up for him,we end up eating from his plate. After eating music is blasting and people are dancing. I didnt know that my man had moves! He pulls me up to join him and i just move my hips because I'm hopeless!

The count down starts, "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Happy new year!" Everyone is with their partner ,Phenyo pulls me into a kiss, he's even grabbing my ass, i guess the whiskey did a number on him. "Happy new year Sthandwa sam, to many more years together" he kisses me again then embraces me in a hug.

Its late now; around 2am and Phenyo is sloshed, so I'm driving us home. He's busy distracting me while i drive, rubbing my thighs and telling me how much he loves me.

We finally arrive at his dad's place...