Ain't the same.

Saturday 2:30pm

Saturday 2:30pm

Me and Stone loaded the bags into the trunk at the grocery store and got in the car to go back to Jah's house.

"Aye, what happened to you last night?" Stone asked me.

"What you mean? I should be askin you that question." I responded remembering the Jeep in the alleyway.

"I came lookin for you but you wasn't in ya room." He admitted.

"Oh, I was prolly on the balcony." I told him, not saying much more on that. "I seen you and ol girl, knockin boots in her Jeep. How 90's R&B of you." I laughed.

"Man, a nigga was in that thang makin love." He proclaimed.

"Betta had strapped up. Talmbout some damn makin love." I scoffed. "Fuck round an be on some child support." I advised him.

"Man, I pulled out and she swallowed that shit." He bragged. "She said she not tryna have no babies right now, she's just havin fun before she leave for college."

"Yeah? You should be goin to somebody college too." I told him.

He only wanna hang out with the dope boyz instead of doing something productive with his life. He barely graduated high school last year and said fuck everything else. I came home to my lil cousin Eric callin himself Stone, a fuckin corner boy.

At least I have dreams of being a somebody better one day. He just wanna ride the wave.

Driving down the neighborhood street to the house I saw Jah jah wave as I pulled in the driveway. She was on the porch talking to Bebe.

"Here she go gossip'n." Stone huffed before getting out the car. "Wassup Bailey." He greeted her as he closed his door.

"Wassup." She waved at him.

"Grab them bags." I popped the trunk and told my cousin to stop their interaction. Friendly ass. "I bought groceries, Jah." I said to my aunt closing my door.

"I appreciate that baby." She thanked me then turned her attention to Bailey. "Key, you remember lil Bebe?" She blasted me. Now she definitely remembered who I was.

I tried to play it cool. "Mmmhmm." I hummed winking at my childhood crush.

She blushed, but stopped and turned her attention to her house. A gray Mustang pulled up and parked in front of her homegirl's Jeep.

She ran up to the car when a big muscle head nigga hopped out. She didn't even look my direction as she walked up to her house with that nigga. They stopped at the front door as he fumbled in his pockets as she stuck her hand out.

Irritated, I grabbed the last bag and went in the house. Jah jah called her back over as I slammed the front door behind me.

I ain't tryna waste no more time on that lil hoe. She definitely ain't the same no more.