Weird

Friday 10:45 pm

Friday 10:45 pm

"Excuse you, bitch." A girl yelled out as she bumped passed me on her skates.

"Excuse yo rude ass," Araceli called behind the girl.

"That's my fault y'all. My mind was in another place." I admit, heading off the rink floor to take a seat.

"That don't mean bitches can be rude. The fuck." Jazzy said as she skated out with us.

"What's goin on, B?" Araceli asked once we sat down on a bench.

"Key stood me up. My mom invited him to come to dinner. He said he'd come, then he just dipped. Not a text or call." I admit trying to hold back tears from my hurt feelings.

"I'm sorry. You wanna leave? We can go smoke." Araceli offered.

I perked up at the idea, "Yeah. we can do that."

Jazzy gasped, "Bailey, ain't that the bitch from yesterday at Key's place?"

I looked over and realized the girl who'd bumped me was indeed the girl Key threatened. Breanna was her name if I remembered correctly.

My face turned up when I noticed her approaching me with a few girls behind her.

"Yo nigga not here to save yo bougie ass, so what's up?" She snapped.

"My nigga don't gotta save shit. I don't know what typa shit you on, but you don't know me." I said standing up, making sure she couldn't catch me slipping.

"Girl, you over here starting shit over a nigga that don't want you?" Jazzy chimed in, stepping out of her skates.

Breanna's goons laughed and her face soured, "I didn't want that weird-ass nigga." She hollered.

Araceli began pulling her long hair into a tight bun and stared the girls in the face. I knew my bitches was ready for whatever.

"Okay, so why are you over here tryna cause a scene over a nigga you claim you don't want? Make it make sense." I demanded.

"Bitch, you out here acting real tough right now, where was all this energy yesterday?"

The fuck is this girl issue?

"Call my girl another bitch!"

We all turned to see Key standing there with Stone and another brown skinned guy.

"Go ahead. Say that shit again." Key egged her on.

The other guy they were with chuckled, "Don't get quiet now, Breanna."

"Shut the fuck up, Ced," Breanna huffed, "come on yall," she turned around and started walking away.

"Hey Key, Hey Cedrick." One of Breanna's friends fawned.

"What's up Stone." The other girl said smiling widely at Eric.

"Your friend waiting for you." Jazzy stepped in front of the girl, jealously.

Key walked over and slid his fingers between mine holding my hand. I couldn't roll my eyes any harder. As I got ready to say something he softly kissed me on the lips, catching me off guard.

Slowly pulling away he whispered in my ear, "Not now, but we need to talk. Right now I wanna enjoy you."

I kissed my teeth, "Whatchu mean not now."

The look in his eyes was so unfamiliar.

"Enjoy me how?" I asked.

"Where are your shoes?" He changed the subject.

"In the locker,"

He nodded pulling at one of his locs, "come on,"

•••

"Your mom told me you were here." He confessed once we were settled inside his car.

"Did she cuss your ass out?" I asked, smiling.

He smirked, "Actually, she didn't. She said if you don't kill me, we can have dinner another night."

I sat silently as my mind raced. He rested his hand on my thigh causing me to look up at him.

"Talk to me, Bebe."

I sighed deeply before asking what I was thinking,

"Where were you, Keyaun?"