xxiv. take your time

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪

THE SHOP had its share of clients even in this early of the morning, practically all of them being familiar faces each of the girls could recognize from the school that were now picking up their dresses for tonight. Thinking it rather impractical to get ready for a dance that was hours away from now Donna couldn't help to laugh under her breath over the annoyed expressions some of the mothers had standing alongside the other teenagers.

Lorraine rushed up to the counter immediately upon entry with her friends lingering behind to laugh at her own excitement. "So, Lady Donna Walsh has started to become as tainted as the rest of us," Babs mentioned to have her whip a head over to her friend confused.

Seeing this was about their previous conversation back at Lorraine's house she continued to deny her statement. "I haven't done anything that would get me into trouble."

"That we know of."

"Barbara."

She laughed over the way Donna's voice became high-pitched in embarrassment when speaking her full-name. Enough to have Babs to clutch her chest from laughing so hard. "There's the terrible liar we all actually know you are." Leaning her head down out of genuine care for her friend she nudged her playfully. "Come on, I was only joking?"

Nodding in agreement she rubbed the back of her neck to try and release her own nerves. "Uh huh, right. . ." She looked up ahead to Lorraine, knitting her brows together over the plans for tonight she has with Marty. "You think she'll slow down after the dance tonight?"

"Knowing how easily Lorraine can fall for anyone that's even the slightest bit protective over her, we can only hope," Babs told her with a light laugh that had Donna now doing the same.

Enough for their friend to notice their behavior to tuck the box with the dress beneath her arm to eye them curiously. "What did I do?"

"Oh nothin' hon, Babs and I were just chatting about the usual," Donna told her in a patronizing tone, pinching her cheek for her friend to shove her away with a laugh as they watched her go up next to pick up her dress.

Each now with their boxes in hand she held onto hers tightly to look over to see Lorraine failing to do so out of her own excitement. "Oh just one peek! One peek before heading back home," She explained, lingering by the door to have them look to each other and back to her, "Please."

Babs tutted under her breath. "Always the one to be overly eager, Lorraine." Helping her hold the box she opened it up to reveal the peach colored dress. Gasping in delight she held it up to herself to cheer in delight.

Not helping to laugh over her excitement from just seeing the dress again as opposed to wearing it, Donna helped her try to tuck it back into the box. "Alright, alright we'd better. . ." She trailed off to notice the individual coming in their direction, instead stopping short to brown in annoyance. "Oh jeez, not now."

"Well, lookee what we have here." The girls rolled their eyes in distaste and Lorraine hurried to put her dress away. Lacking in the ability to read that none of them wanted to be near him Biff persisted and followed closely behind the trio. "Hey nice dress, Lorraine. Although I think you'd look better wearing nothing at all."

He then cowardly tried to lift up her skirt as Babs and Donna tried to help her tuck away the dress from getting ruined. Lorraine shook him off her rather suddenly and continued to make quick strides alongside the girls as he followed behind. Taking a look over to the other members he tucked an arm over each of them.