iii. new juke box hits

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕓𝕠𝕨 𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕪 𝕛𝕦𝕕𝕪 𝕘𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕

NOVEMBER 4th, 1955

WITH A SKIP in her steps, Donna went out the way of her path to home and instead to the forest tucked away on the outskirts of Hill Valley. A pocket of nature that hadn't been cut down to make the suburban neighborhoods that only continued to grow. The babbling brook sang off its own tune to her, the water rushing over the rocks calmly in the Friday afternoon. Taking out the blanket she'd sown for whenever she ran off to her hideaway, the sweet sat herself on the material comfortably.

Skipping rocks beside her, Babs turned over to her friend laying back to face up to the blue sky above. "C'mon I know you don't wanna go home so soon, but napping on the floor."

The young girl twirled the gold rosary that was usually tucked beneath her blouse through her fingers with a far-oof look in her eyes. With the sunlight casting itself down onto her as, if she drew the very presence of such purity towards her, she continued to daydream herself somewhere that wasn't her lowly hometown. Where she was finally living out of the fear of being in her parents household, she successfully graduated high school, and then Donna could. . . well she didn't know exactly.

Future events weren't something she ever thought to consider in her life. Thinking the qualities of living a full life were completely lacking, she worried whether or not she'd successfully at least fulfill her dream of getting out of her family home. It didn't matter how and it didn't matter when, Donna was just eager to leave. Though she wasn't the brightest and she certainly lacked the street smarts to survive on her own, that was enough.

Babs looked over to her friend being distracted, wondering how her stockings didn't have a stain on them despite her sitting the closest to the spray of the water. In the white dress with the matching frilled stockings and black saddleback shoes on them, no sense of a mess or a leftover stain could be seen. "You really don't have a bad bone in your body, do you?"

"Oh sure I do!" Donna insisted, turning her head to her friend. She stuck her lower lip out to openly appear more innocent as opposed to threatening. "Why last Sunday I almost forgot to leave a pie for Mrs. Wilson on my way to church."

She raised a brow over this as her friend was convinced her forgetting an already selfless act was something to be considered a sin. "Sure you must've been heartbroken by it."

"I was!" Donna lifted her gaze back up to the clouds. "Baked her some cookies along with my famous cherry pie, she was especially grateful." A butterfly flew down to the lady, landing onto her nose. Laughing she let it fly away over it tickling her nose to send out a fit of giggles from her.

Over the mention of baked goods, her friend peaked in interest. "Your cherry pie! Aw, tell me you still have some of it left."

She laughed over her friend becoming excited to take out her bag to reveal to intricately wrapped box she had in her bag. Having dropped off some sugar cookies for Goldie on her way to school, inside it now was also a slice of the pie in it own container. Babs took a seat beside her to have Donna cheerful over the pleasure that radiated off her friend for the young girls to continue in their solitude.

︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ.

BENEATH THE loose pinewood floorboards in Donna's bedroom held her own treasure trove of items and relics she thought her parents would send her to a convent for the minute they were to find them. Her own passion towards of what she ought to act like and dress was more in direction to their ideals as opposed to her own thoughts. Though there was some things she didn't mind, there were suggestions her parents made that Donna couldn't just get past.

This included their opinions on the oncoming music genre of: rock and roll.

The tiny 45'' single records were stacked away in neat rows along with a skirt she'd made initially for Lorraine that was above the knees and the ROSIE THE RIVETER 1943 issue from the Saturday Evening Post, which was both a novelty of a big newspaper company selling for the first time on the shelves of the supermarket and something her mother thought to be vulgar over the woman doing a man's job. Which made Donna all the more fascinated.

Ensuring her door was barricaded in case her mother were to snoop in, Donna was the closest to acting herself when her items were displayed in her room. Taking out her record player from the top of her dresser, she slipped out the sleeve of the Little Richard vinyl. Gently placing it down with the needles hitting the grooves there after a static began at first before the track began to play.

"Wop-bop-a-loo-mop alop-bom-bom!"

Kicking off her saddleback shoes to leave her in the white frilled socks she wore instead. Breaking out into a twist over the beat she cheered in delight, the socks ensuring her parents couldn't hear her from beneath watching an episode of The Milton Berle Show.

In her two minutes of happiness she was able to forget all the pressures on attitude and mannerisms she was meant to uphold and instead to the laidback, carefree attitude that exulted out of the track. This only being broken by the sound of her brother crying in his nursery in the room next to her. The footsteps of the heels of her mother were now audible for the dainty girl to lunge to the needle of the player, no doubt scratching the frail piece in the process.

Rushing to tuck away the piece back in its hiding place, Donna kicked off the chair from her vanity holding the door back to instead crouch by her bedside. Forming her hands into her prayer for her mother to suspect she'd been praying before turning in for the night, she shut her eyes tightly to hear the sound of her door open. "Donna get dressed into your night gown. Your prayers should be the last thing you do before bed, honestly."

The young girl opened her eyes again to step up without making eye contact with the woman now holding the child close at the door of her bedroom. "Right. Sorry, mother." She nodded to shut the door again as Donna pretended to make her way to change by the dresser. Upon noticing her departure she instead fell back into the cushioning of her mattress in distress.