iv. fools rush in

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕜𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣

NOVEMBER 5th, 1955

GOING OVER to Lou's café that Saturday morning, Donna was already running late from meeting George to get the paper he'd written for her. Rushing on past her mother now cleaning the kitchen in a hurry, the woman turned towards her daughter's behavior in distaste. "Where do you think you're going?"

Donna heaved a deep sigh as she already had a hand on the door knob before turning back over to her mother. Seeing her awaiting some response to follow the lie didn't come out as gracefully as Donna hoped it would. "I'm— I'm heading over to Betty's house this morning? We're going out to Lou's café. That's— Well that's alright isn't it?" She mustered out.

Her mother gave her a stern gaze to only have Donna know it well enough to be followed by something in disapproval. "No it's—" Being interrupted by her brother crying to gain her attention, her mother too preoccupied by this, the woman heaved a deep sigh to wave the sweet off. "That's fine. Be home for dinner."

"Well I'm actually heading to Lorraine's for dinner tonight, remember?" Seeing her mother focus her attention on her younger sibling, Donna only took this to her advantage and went off in the direction to the café in the center of town. Getting off the bike to expect a calm atmosphere awaiting for her, considering it was still early in the morning, she practically gauged over the sight of Biff and his cronies now looming over George McFly.

Seeing them push him aside with the other three boys laughing over Biff bullying the poor kid had Donna look to towards manner in disgust. Biff noticed her leaning against the doorway and smirked to himself over the sight of her. "Well if it ain't our precious, Mary." She only rolled her eyes over the nickname that had been penned but only used by the very members of his gang. His eyes glossed over to her attire with a tilt of his head. "Got any sins you wanna admit to me? I've got the heart of a preacher?"

"A preacher in what? A Las Vegas casino?" Donna spat back to fold her arms.

Coming forward towards him, Lou Caruthers shot him a flare from the other side of the café counter in defense for her. Biff only continued to objectively look her over after this before nudging the rest of his gang out of the diner. Match looked towards her with a wink to which she ignored to now see Goldie trying to boost up George's confidence.

Not being surprised by the sight considering she always found him helping out other students from the high school just out of the kindness of his heart, Donna approached the two quietly. Noticing another young boy looking to the conversation they were having with wide-eyes, she furrowed her brows over the way he looked at George. And more importantly: the way he dressed. What is he, a member of the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary?

"What do you let those boys push you around like that for?" Goldie told him frustrated.

Frowning to himself over this he looked past him defeated. "Well they're bigger than me." George looked past the boy trying to boost his moral to smile to Donna nervously as she looked to him worried as well. "Oh, hi Donna."

Goldie motioned towards her to join along with this, she smiled over to him out of reassurance. "He's right, George. Look, I know how big of a jerk Biff is, but have some respect for yourself at least?"