veintidos

The day of homecoming, JJ decided to show up the Zavala house and get ready there

The day of homecoming, JJ decided to show up the Zavala house and get ready there.  Being the extra Beverly Hills native he was, his parents ordered a limo to pick up him and all of his friends who were meeting at the Baker house. Mariposa did both her makeup and Reina's makeup, which was the longest part, and because Mariposa's hair was harder to do than Reina's, JJ straightened it for her while she was working on Reina's face.  Casimiro was just walking by the bathroom and when he saw the three in there, he stopped for a minute then kept walking.

After fully getting ready, everyone walked down the stairs, Kalani following behind Mariposa and slowly going down with her.  Reina was wearing a green dress that ended a little over halfway down her thigh with half of her hair up in a ponytail and two strands hanging out in the front so her hairline wasn't out for the world to see.  JJ was in his blue suit and underneath was a white shirt and black tie.  His hair what is the way it usually was, but he put gel in it to make sure it stayed in place all night.  Mariposa was wearing a black ruched dress similar in length to the one that Reina was wearing, and the style of the dress was bringing out every curve.

At the bottom of the staircase stood Fabiola and Eladio with their phones out for pictures, and Casimiro in his own little tuxedo. Since the two girls were going to be out at homecoming all night, Fabiola and Eladio planned to take Casimiro to a fancy dinner so he didn't feel left out. "Ay, mis preciosos. Ustedes se ven muy lindos." Fabiola gushed, kissing all of their cheeks before taking a picture without warning any of them. "Casi, go stand with them." She said, pushing her son forward so he could stand in front of the trio.

For about 10 minutes, the group just stood in that exact spot taking pictures. There were a bunch of groups, like Mariposa with JJ, obviously, just a zavala kids, Fabiola and Eladio with each kid and with all of them, etc. They even took a family picture with JJ and Kalani, so the kids were trying to tell Fabiola how to set up the timer on the phone.  And because she had a Polaroid camera that she hardly ever used, Mariposa had pictures taken on there as well. One of the pictures of her and JJ, and of her alone, were claimed by him because he said he needed a picture in his car and wallet.

Fabiola and Eladio were dropping Reina off with her friends and then going to the dinner they planned with Casimiro, and JJ was driving himself and Mariposa in his Jeep to the Baker house since the limo was picking them all up there.  There were already a couple of cars in their driveway, not counting the cars of the people that already lived there, so JJ walked in arms wide and exclaimed, "Party's here!"  He held onto Mariposa's hand the entire time they were walking in, and once he shut the door, the first person he saw was Spencer.  "Spence, you look great man!"

Behind him, Mariposa recognize the familiar face.  "Coop! I didn't know you were coming, you look gorgeous."

"I see butterfly learned how to use her legs again. How does it feel?"  Coop asked. "And why are you limping before the dance? The after party supposed to have an after the dance." Coop said quietly since Spencer and JJ were just a couple feet away.