Ghost of the Chalk Wall

Time era: modern
Location: unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This story was told to me by one of my teachers when the subject of ghosts and demons was brought up. This happened to one of my teacher's friends.

Said friend had just bought a house. After a while of living in it, he noticed that the door to the basement was always open at night, no matter how tightly he closed it.

So one evening, he and another friend of his decided to stay in the basement all night to see what was going on. They went into the basement and closed the door behind them.

After several hours of silence, they saw the door swing open. The sound of footsteps descending the stairs was heard, but there was no one there.

After, they went to a priest, who advised them to see if anyone had been killed in that house.

Turns out, a previous owner of the house had killed his wife in the basement.

So they called in the priest again, who said Mass in the basement of the house for the repose of the soul of the man who had killed his wife.

After that, the door stopped opening at night.

The house had a wall partially made out of chalk, where people liked to write their names and other stuff.

The day after the Mass was said, a message appeared on that wall.

It said, "Thank you" and was signed by the name of that man.