Chapter-37 Confessions

~He looked at her the way all women wanted to be looked by a man.~

Lily's pov

"It all started with-" the muscle in his jaw tightened as he clenched it before his irises diluted, the depth of emotions in his eyes lulling me in entrapping my soul against his.

"With Lucifer Krystallo Brian, your father." My heart stopped as I prepared myself for what was about to come.

Biting the flesh off my lips in anticipation, "My father?" I hesitated.

He gloomily nodded before meeting my gaze. "Our families worked the business together, Damien's, yours and mine. Your father however started the business before he decided that business was just not it, he wanted something deadly something dangerous and so he did."

"He created the mafia world, the rules everything made deals with the Russians, who at that time ruled the underground world they killed everyone who came in their way and that too brutally." Adam tangled his fingers through his hair as he bent his head down, his elbows on his knees.

"Eventually your father started becoming worse, training teenagers brutally telling them to never show mercy to their enemies then, you were born into the cruel world of us." He then started hoarsely.

"So perfect, so little yet so naive. I was only five years old back then and I was so excited to see you, my dad was thrilled at the idea of your mom having a daughter but your dad- Lucifer it didn't settle well within him. All his hopes came crashing down of having a son. He wanted a son first."

"But he had you instead and the worst thing was your mom was too weak to conceive another child. She already became thin as she had you, your mom really loved you lily, she really did I saw brightness flash against her eyes as she looked at you." Oh god! He was really opening up to me, something that I've craved for since many years.

"Your father felt weak, helpless he started turning more aggressive and that had me scared for you and so was Damien. But we couldn't do anything we were only five."

"As you grew up, you used to come by at Damien's every single day and spent the evening with us. It was what your mom wanted for you she suggested that you'd stay away from your father as much as you could." My mind went back to the childhood memories we've shared, the amount of tea parties we've had the hide and seek everything.

"Then your dad happened-" He exhaled a deep breath. "As the time went by his condition became worse it was like as if he wasn't even a human anymore he started murdering numerous people from the gang and that led to rivalries."

"I was only eight when he demanded that he wanted to train me, he didn't choose Damien but chose me instead. He demanded since he didn't have a son he wanted me to rule, to take after his gang but I never wanted to."

"I got numerous beatings from him, he used to shout that I was too weak to even fight back and you know what's the worse part is lily? I was forced to watch him beat your mother everyday." A terrific gasp parted from my lips at the the heart sickening information. "What-t." I managed to croak out my eyes glistening slightly.

He nodded blankly his eyes showing indescribable emotions. They were just to much to even tell which was what. "He used to beat her everyday in front of me whilst telling me that love didn't exist, it made you weak, he used to scream at me to not cry and watch like a man."

"A man." He repeated barking out a humourless chuckle his shoulders sagging with laughter. "I don't want you to be afraid and get triggered by what I am going to tell you next." Pursing my lips in a thin line I shook my head in a negative.