Chapter-15 Dinner with his gang

~you are a peace and a flame, you steady me and stir me all at once.~

Lily's pov

Seated on my chair, I moaned in delight when the heavenly taste of pancakes explodes my mouth, it felt eerie seated besides Ivano something about him just didn't feel right. Recalling yesterday's conversation between the two brothers I couldn't believe Ivano wasn't his biological brother but then again they didn't share any similar looks. I could practically feel his eyes Piercing through me making me shift uneasily in my chair. He didn't utter a word neither did I.

"Good morning, I had like the peaceful sleep in years." Enzo yawns stretching his muscles before settling himself in front me. He raised his eyebrows questioningly when he saw how uncomfortable I felt under his brother's gaze. "Take your eyes off her brother."

Ivano's cold gaze snapped to his brother his jaw twitched as he plastered a fake smile on his face. "She seems to be liking it." He passes me a wink making me roll my eyes.

"Not every girl's gonna throw herself at your feet Ivano, you're forgetting she's the big Don's fiancé. " he shoved the pancake in his mouth while Ivano just stared at him looking unpleased.

"Challenge accepted." He ejaculated, and, pushing back his chair he rose from the table striding away. Enzo mumbled something under his breath before turning his attention back to me. "A very charming friend of ours invited us to a dinner today, he was very surprised when he heard the news about brother getting engaged, looks like my brother didn't appreciate telling his own friends about his engagement." He chuckled grimacing.

I wonder why.

"But I don't even have any fancy clothes to wear!" I shrieked my eyes widening In horror, his brows rose passing me a blank stare."You're kidding."

"I am not!"

"When was the last time you went for shopping again?" He questioned " When I was with my cousin." He slammed his palm on the table gasping."We are going shopping like right now."

"How about I'll call Eli along? she's one of my very good friends she can help!" I quipped with a grin lingering in my face, he nodded passing me a soft smile "If you insist then go ahead, now go get dressed I'll see you in a few a minutes." I hummed in response before strolling towards my room.

We were finally going shopping!

After slipping into a white crop top and a black leather skirt which I paired with my combat boots, I squirted down stairs to see Eli talking to Enzo they both seemed to be in a deep conversation, as she threw her head back at something he said.

"Eli!" Her gaze snapped towards mine as we both tackled each other in a warm hug, "oh god finally," She retorted when she pulled back.

"I didn't knew the big don had a very attractive brother." She whispered making me chuckle."lily did you take money from Adam?" I froze as my stomach tightened.

"Do I have too?" Eli snorted crossing her arms around herself."Of course lily! you only have a few hours left in the dinner." Enzo nods agreeing.

"I'll be right back." I dashed towards Adam's office to find him nowhere in site now where could he be?

His room.

My finger shook slightly as I recalled the day he was drunk memories rushing back of me tugging him to bed and him almost frightening me with the gun. I strided towards the staircase my breathe halting as I stood in front of his room his strong crisp scent hitting my nostrils, I was met with complete silence no noises coming out from his room making me question if he was even there. Nevertheless I gave out a gentle knock on the door nothing.