Chapter 4

I looked around the area and there were many nobles talking, laughing, scattered and gathered.8

Leopold Wellington. Nirvana's one and only crowned prince. And the male lead of the novel, 'The Flowery Path of Love.'

Since he isn't here right now, it just proves that the story is starting.

I won't go anywhere near the garden, or help the crowned prince tonight even if he is drenched in blood right in front of me.

Helping him is the heroine's job so why would I care.

"Anna, we've already finished our greetings. It's your turn." Mom whispered at me.

I obeyed her and walked towards the emperor's throne and started my greetings.

"Greetings to the emperor. May Nirvana's blessing be upon thee." I curtsied.

When I started my greetings, many nobles casted glances upon me and started whispering to each other.

"Raise your head." He commanded.

"I guess you are Marquis Allisson's daughter." He added.

"Yes, Your Majesty." I answered.

"Congratulations in your coming of age. I hope you enjoy the banquet tonight." He spoke in an indifferent manner.

"I will, Your Majesty."

"You may go." He ordered.

I bid him farewell and walked away.

The place was huge. It was like you can fit in two or three mansions inside it.

I just wandered around looking for my parents. It seems that they were busy so I just walked mindlessly and stopped in a cornered area.

A waiter stopped in front of me and offered me a glass of wine. I accepted one and took a sip. When suddenly, the music started and noble men offered women to a dance.

Many men were looking at me as if they were hesitating. I just looked back at them with an uninterested face and continued to drink.

Then one of them walked towards me.

'Impossible...' I thought.

"I offer a dance with the lady." He offered his hand.

Obsidian-colored hair and sea-bluegreen eyes.

'It cannot be... the story is just starting but, why is the male lead here!?'

"Lady?"

I just stared at him with incredulous eyes and started to realize the situation I am in.

"Ah, it's my pleasure Your Highness." I said, unable to believe what's happening right now.

I took his hand with a bit of hesitation when suddenly, he accepted it and held it right away.

He walked with me towards the center of the ballroom. He placed his right hand on my waist and the other hand is holding mine. I placed my left hand on his shoulder and held his hand on my right.

While dancing, I had many thoughts in my mind.

'Unbelievable, wasn't the story supposed to start right now!?'

In the novel, before attending the banquet, he saw suspicious people wearing  a hooded cape outside the palace. And so, he chased them unknowinly.

He stopped at the garden and faced the assassins. He took out his sword and fought all of them. Even though he beat them, he was still injured.

Yet why is this person standing right in front of me, unscathed!? You were supposed to meet with the heroine!! Your fated person! But now, he's dancing safely!?

'I can't believe I didn't expect this. Right, I already knew from the start that cliches are bound to happen but....of all things, why in the beginning of the story!?!?'

I'm dying right now. I need to recollect myself and think this through. This is one of the biggest miscalculation I've ever had since I came here.

The music stopped and so did we.

I can't call it a dance since I can't remember that part and thought of something else.

"It was my pleasure to dance with you Your Highness." I said with a hint of disappointment.

"The pleasure is mine Miss Moriana." He took my hand and landed a kiss on it.

'Huh, since when did you say a woman's name other than the heroine. And touching? You hate it when people of nobility touch you! Especially women! Yet he offered his hand first.'

So strange...

'Hahh...maybe the story didn't start yet? Yes! Maybe it was another banquet and-

It can't be. I'm so confused right now..'

"I'll get going first Your Highness." I curtsied.

After the courtesy, I left him behind first and went to eat.

I'm hungry.. I can't take it anymore.

I'll just eat my worries up and think about something else instead.