Side Story

Kelly

'Woah, this place is really beautiful.' Kelly stared agape at the view outside from the train.

It's Kelly's third day of travelling from the Evergreen Empire to Nirvana.

She couldn't believe it was this exciting running away from home.

Kelly took out a notebook from her suitcase and started writing something.

[Dear Diary,

This is my first time running away from home and my heart is beating really fast.

This will be the start of my new life.

I will live here as a normal person who is free as a bird.]

Kelly Williamsburg.

Her long and black hair and rare brown eyes only determined that she...

Possessed a royal bloodline.

She's the only runaway princess of Evergreen empire that travelled to Nirvana all alone since she wanted freedom.

Whether it was etiquette, studying, riches and fame, she didn't want any part of it.

She felt like a bird that was caged in the palace.

And so, she decided to runaway since that's her expertise.

"Whew, finally arrived." She sighed as she got off from the train.

She was now in the Nirvana Empire and her first goal was to find a normal job. She always wanted to do this since it's exciting and kinda dangerous.

While passing on the streets, everyone was looking at her. Her appearance was probably too beautiful to look at.

"Hm?" She stopped her steps.

Someone was following her.

She started fastening her pace and ran away later on.

"Don't follow me you stalker!!" She yelled while running.

"Ackk-!" Kelly bumped into someone.

"Are you alright?" A deep voice asked.

She looked at the person and damn, he was very handsome. That sandy blonde hair and grayish eyes were a thing to look at.

She looked beside his hip and noticed a sword hanging there. From his appearance, she confirmed that he was a knight.

After all, there were many who wore clothes like this inside her palace.

"So handsome... AH! You're a knight right? Help me! Someone's following me!" She grabbed his clothes.

"Please calm down Miss..."

"Oho, look what we have here." Suddenly, a gang of three arrived.

"That's the girl I'm talking about boss." One of them talked.

"Wait, you're right. Black and brown eyes.. is that really her?"

"I'm sure of it."

'Oh no, did Evergreen perhaps looked for me?' Kelly thought about the royal family.

"Give her to us man and we'll let you go." The boss said.

The knight then put Kelly behind him and drew his sheathed sword.

"Leave her alone." He muttered in a low voice.

"Tsk. Get him boys."

And thus the fight began.

"Gah-!"

"Ahck-"

Of course, the knight won in the end.

"Woah, you're amazing Sir Knight!" Kelly clapped her hands after the show. "My name is Kelly by the way." She offered her hand for a handshake.

Kelly was surprised when the knight suddenly knelt in front of her.

"What the- why are you kneeling?"

"Rey Andersens, Captain of the Evergreen Knight's battalion greets her highness the princess."

"What!? Don't tell me my parents sent you to look for me!? Tell them I won't go back to that place ever."

So that's why his clothes looked familiar.

"No... I just followed you."

"Wha- Since when?"

"... From the start."

Kelly fell silent from his remark.

Doesn't that mean that he's also a runaway like her?

"Please stand up Sir Rey. A handsome being like you shouldn't kneel like that." She reached out her palm.

"Pardon?" He looked at her with a confused expression as he stood up.

Kelly stared at him with a serious face from head to toe.

This knight really has a great face and great build.

'OMG Why is he so handsome!?'

Kelly rummaged her pocket and took out a crumpled paper.

"It says here that Count Allisson's mansion are hiring few employees right now. How about we work there together Sir Rey?"

Rey thought about her suggestion.

There was really no exact reason as to why he followed Kelly here. He just wanted to see her. That's all.

Here's a secret that's not a secret anymore.

Rey is secretly in love with her when she was still at the palace. He watched her from the shadows and fell for her bright and casual attitude.

So why did he follow her?

He obviously did that in order to get much closer to her. Such a smooth move.

"As you wish your highness." He responded and kissed her hand.

"Nah, you can just call me Kelly, Sir Rey." Kelly added.

Few days after their meeting, they started working in the Allisson mansion.

Kelly was hired as a maid and Rey as a knight instructor that quickly.

Kelly knew herself that she looked too beautiful to be a maid so she decided to make few changes about her appearance.

She learned how to use make up and applied fake freckles on her porcelain skin.

She twin-braided her long black hair and wore glasses without grade.

"You look.. different your highness- I mean, Kelly..." Rey muttered as the tips of his ears were tinted in red.

"I know right! This is really exciting! But you still look handsome Sir Rey." She winked at him.

Rey dotingly smiled at her.

Even though he worked as a knight in the Allisson mansion, his dedication towards Kelly is unmoved.

"Kelly?" Moriana called her.

"Oh! I'll get going first Sir Rey, my lady is calling me. See you later!" Kelly ran.

Rey looked at the princess that's dressed as a maid.

There's no other princess like her who serves someone as a maid.

He swore to protect her forever.

His princess.

Fin