2 | Villainess

"Miss Anastasia? Are you awake?"

A voice from outside the door said along with a series of soft knocks.

According to Anastasia's memories, that person must be...

"Yes, Lilia. Please enter."

Lilia curtsying

Lilia curtsying

A young maid with long hazel hair and matching eyes entered. Despite being a maid, her face was, without a doubt, extremely pleasing to the eyes. This is Lilia, the maid that was assigned to take care of Anastasia ever since she was young. Remembering this maid's ending made me feel a bit bad.

Lilia was an orphan living in the streets when she was taken in to the Kyanos manor to be a maid. She was the same age as Kail, Anastasia's eldest brother, so that would mean she's 6 years older than Anastasia. Lilia was extremely loyal to the Kyanos Household for saving her from her hellish life and took her duties as Anastasia's maid very seriously. No matter what Anastasia wanted her to do; she wouldn't hesitate to do it. She did try to dissuade Anastasia from her evil schemes but this stupid girl is too stubborn. Anastasia used Lilia to do most of her evil deeds and suffered death in the hands of Hannibal Vierca, a prince of Ur and one of the supporting male characters that fell in love with Katherine.

Looking at this loyal maid, I couldn't help but sigh. Poor Lilia. You deserve so much more than this stupid ducal princess of a master.

"Miss?"

Lilia seemed confused upon hearing me sigh out of the blue.

"It's nothing."

I dismissed it with a wave of my hand and proceeded on hiding the papers containing the events of the novel inside the desk. I made sure to cover it with the other documents already inside.

"Should I prepare your bath now, Miss?"

I just nodded and sat there rather stiffly. It's quite hard to suddenly get used to all this luxurious life as a young lady of a wealthy and powerful family. Did I act it out right? I sure hope I played the role of the Kyanos duchy's young lady well. I can act like a noble lady but I absolutely won't act like a spoiled brat. It seems that I need to deviate from Anastasia's usual behavior.

"Miss Anastasia, the bath is ready now."

* * *

The bath was wonderful. I've never bathed in a tub before and only used the shower since my mother often stressed that using the bathtub often leads to water wastage. We didn't have enough money to squander back then unlike my situation now.

I subtly took in the scent coming off from my skin. Lilia said she used lavender, chamomile, and frankincense oil (whatever that is) with a little bit of sunflower oil to mix with the bath water. That must be why my skin smells so good. It's very soft and smooth too, touching it feels like caressing satin of the best quality. The novel was right about Anastasia being pampered and spoiled.