13 | Magic Training Gone Wrong

Maybe it's a good thing women in this novel world aren't required to go to school at an early age. This is what I thought every time Zedrif and Kail came home for their academic breaks, taking with them the countless piles of assignment they still need to do even though they're supposed to be on a 'break'.

"Brother..."

I took a tentative peek from the door, seeing Zedrif still slumped by his desk and looking frustrated with the amount of assignments he has yet to finish. Upon hearing my meek voice, he looked up and acknowledged me with a huff (and an annoyed "what?" but y'all know he's just a tsun-tsun). I've got to hand it to him, he must've had the hearing of a bat to still catch what I said. I practically whispered that!

"Do you need help...?"

He scoffed, as if offended that I'd even think he needs help, but judging by his now relaxed posture, I'd say he was thankful for the interruption.

"Why are you really here? Spill it. I doubt you'd approach me in my quarters just to offer me help in my schoolwork."

Ah, so he can tell I had another agenda? Zedrif is definitely not as easy as I thought. Or maybe I was too obvious? Anyway, might as well be straight to the point.

"I wanted to practice magic. I thought I should ask you for assistance but it seems like you can't since you're busy."

I moved to close the door to let him return to his task but halted when I heard him clear his throat quite loudly. I turned around to face him again but to my surprise, his desk is clean, devoid of those piles of books and papers I saw stacked like a tower just a few moments ago.

"Who told you I was busy? Stop deciding things on my behalf, stupid."

Zedrif stood up from his seat and swaggered his way to my direction, his favorite white coat billowing behind him. I've got to be honest with you all, those with Kyanos blood are seriously blessed with exemplary looks. Zedrif, at the age of 16, could rival those supermodels I only see on billboards and magazines back in my world. With his silver hair parted to one side, eyes a brilliant shade of amethyst, and his aura of undeniable self-confidence-there's no doubt that this older brother of mine is a subject of many girls' dreams.

 With his silver hair parted to one side, eyes a brilliant shade of amethyst, and his aura of undeniable self-confidence-there's no doubt that this older brother of mine is a subject of many girls' dreams

Zedrif with his favorite white coat

He closed the bedroom door behind him and towered over me due to the large height difference (my brothers are both freakishly tall), looking down in confusion when I only stared at him.

"Well? What are we waiting for?"

* * *

Magic, as what I know from the novel, is a fickle thing. It tends to favor those with purer blood, which means a common person has no chance of wielding magic. Apparently, this world's history explained it as pureblood nobles having been direct descendants of gods or something like that. It's unfair, I know, but this is how this world is created, we can only blame the author of this webnovel world. To prevent nobles from abusing the power of magic given to them, a universal rule has been established.