8 | The Prowess of a Master Manipulator

Note: I'm sorry but my brain can only squeeze out one chapter. I feel so bad. I promised two but I really can't. I hope y'all can forgive me (>人<;)

---

"Hey."

I ignored the person, turning to the other side as I pretended to be preoccupied by something else.

"Hey, you."

I wanted to grit my teeth in frustration but refrained from doing so. Proper ladies don't grit their teeth like savages and sadly, I'm in the middle of fixing my bad image so teeth gritting is a big no-no.

"You're still mad about that? Hey, you're ignoring me."

That was the final straw that made me snap. I couldn't take it anymore and glared at the red-haired devil that's responsible for the predicament we're currently in.

"I have every right to be mad. This is all your fault."

The little devil only smirked in reply. The audacity! This brat should be thankful that he's from a very powerful family I can't afford to offend or else I would've definitely thrown some punches here and there.

You must be wondering just what the hell is happening. No worries, I'll narrate everything from the start.

So you all know that Mayverik's a natural-born troublemaker, yes? Apparently, he didn't like that we all rejected his invitation for a tour of the city so he planned to sneak out of the Manor when everyone's back was turned. I don't know how he did it but he actually managed to rope Zedrif in to his little escapade. With Zedrif now involved, Kail most likely didn't have a choice but to tag along to make sure that nothing happened to the two. But that devil incarnate felt that it's unfair to not include me in their rule-breaking fun so he literally dragged me along the moment Lilia was away on an errand. I was originally fine with it, I mean, I can just be cordially polite and subtly avoid making any connections with the little Sheridan devil while showcasing to my elder brothers how Anastasia has matured. That plan would've been ideal if it wasn't for the teensy detail I overlooked. Mayverik is a natural-born troublemaker.

The little devil suggested to visit a famous café named Fairy Tale Magic, famed not just for their heavenly cakes, pastries, and sweets but also for all the employment of magic in their services. I heard that they sell magical artifacts as a side business and apparently, Mayverik was looking for something called a Phoenix Jewel. Upon entering the café, Mayverik rushed to the side door and browsed through the displayed magical items. There was a particular magical mirror in the corner with a "Do not touch" sign. With such a blatant warning, Mayverik thought it'd be fun to do the opposite of what the notice said. Long story short, he touched the mirror.

 Long story short, he touched the mirror

Phoenix Jewel

A truly horrible idea.

The mirror wasn't actually a mirror but a portal. Being the closest one next to him when the incident happened, he instinctively held his hand out and managed to grab my dress, dragging me with him. After that otherworldly experience of seemingly spinning for an eternity, we found ourselves on a different part of Tinveda City. It seems that there's a system of magical shortcuts through the city that wasn't mentioned in the novel or Anastasia's memories.