Part 4

" ok. How are we gonna do this?" James asked.

They were sitting in the quidditch pitch stands where they were watching harry give some of the players guidance.

Apparently he was also Captain at some point so he knew what he was doing.

" what do you mean?"

" well i want to get to know our future son. You dont want me to. How will this work until harry leaves?"

Severus sighed, watching harry do some trick with his broom, showing off to the 1st years.

" fine. If you want to get to know him i cant stop you. Today is sunday so i guess we can spend the day with him." Severus said.

James nodded and looked forward.

" he's pretty good huh?" James pointed to harry.

" yeah. He is. And hes polite too." Severus smiled.

It was like some kind of parental instincts that made severus want to tell people how great harry was. Even if it was to his other parent.

" so he calls you dad?"

" yeah but i asked him not to."

" why?"

" dont know. It think it would be a little awkward if he did. Its a 20 year old calling a 16 year old dad. Think about it." He looked at james.

James nodded and sighed.

" so what does he call me?"

" apparently also dad. He doesn't like calling us by our names because its rude so you'll have to find a nickname." James explained.

" well what does he call you?"

" doe."

" pfft." James snorted. Severus glared at him and rolled his eyes.

" Doe? Really? Like the girl deer?"

" shut up Potter. Apparently its an analogy for something. It like means something to me in the future." Severus made a hand gesture and left it at that.

James hummed and nodded.

Harry had finally seemed to spot them and waved at them brightly.

Severus waved back with a smile, james doing the same although a little hesitantly.

Harry flew over quickly and smiled, panting from flying so much.

" hey. What are you two doing here?" He asked while taking off his goggles.

" just talking." Severus explained.

Harry nodded before smiling and his eyes darting from james to severus.

" good to see you two getting along."

Severus scoffed, crossing his legs and crossing his arms.

" id hardly call it getting along. Just tolerating each other."

" ouch." James responded. Severus sneered at him and turned his attention to harry.

" try not to show off too much yeah? I dont want frank to get mad at me for you teaching the 1st graders how to do backflips on a broom." James advised.

Harry laughed and shook his head.

" i cant do backflips just yet. Last time i tried i broke an arm so." Harry shrugged.

Before they could question him any further he was already flying away and saying goodbye.

Severus' hand dropped from the air where he had went to question him and he sighed.