03 | Overwhelming Insecurities •

Do follow me buddies (ruhani_gupta ) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram at ruhaniwrites_ for story updates, recommendations, and writing tips.

Happy reading!

**************

**************

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Riya's Pov

"His nose is crooked."

"I think he has some grey hair."

"He looks too mature for his age."

"Nah! He is seven years older than you."

"But he's not educated enough."

"Nope, his business doesn't seem legit."

"He's too lanky."

"He's too unfit."

"He doesn't fit your type."

"His background is unconvincing."

"God Purva!" I groaned in exasperation, my pulsating head cocooned between my hands, "This nonsense has started to exhaust me now." I cribbed, "Hundreds of biodata are being scrutinized by my family every day and yet, no single biodata could catch my parent's attention. I don't know how are they able to find one or the other flaw in every biodata they se....."

My blabber halted, catching the sight of my best friend containing her urge to laugh hysterically at my plight.

Considering it was a lazy Sunday today, we both were plunked unsophisticatedly in my bedroom with our legs unceremoniously thumped over the other's. Lifting my leg, I dropped it abruptly over her abdomen eliciting a sore gasp from her. However, my offense-stricken heart didn't appease as instead of mewling in pain she began laughing like a banshee.

"Haan haan, laugh." I directed a scowl towards her, "Laugh as much as you can. You have no idea what kind of torture is this." I huffed, "It seems like this marriage is the only ultimate goal left in my parent's life." I whined, puckering my lips in dismay.

Her laughter ceased at my distress, and she scooted closer, wrapping an arm around me.

"That's why I asked you to find someone on your own." A pathetic suggestion spewed from her. Expected.

So stupid of me to momentarily assume that something sensible can come out of her mouth.

"If you would've listened to me, that is, your Love Guru, and found a match by yourself then who knows by now you could have been married or even could've become a mother of one by now." She patted my arms sympathetically though her eyes shone with mischief.