21 | Kissing Away Insecurities

Do follow me buddies, so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Do vote (The Star Icon⭐) and comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram ( ruhaniwrites_ ) for story updates, recommendations and writing tips.

Happy Reading❤️

*******

Aditya's Pov

The evening was crisp already, a wedge of sunlight bursting through the thick fluffy clouds, with some light breeze whispering hushedly, having its own little secret conversations with the lush green grass, and the blooming flowers around.

It was as if these cool gusts of wind were singing a song intentionally, to stir the unraveled emotions within us, as it greets our skin time and again with its mildly soft and soothingly calm touches. Undoubtedly these carefree wisps of breeze were as smooth as velvet and as peaceful as the summer sea.

However, despite the tranquility around us, my heart wasn't at peace, and my mind hazed.

It was Restless, Anxious, Unsettling.

These breezy gusts of fresh air miserably failed to pacify the unnerving emotions bubbling in the pit of my stomach.

Because today, I've to witness the woman of my life, whose infectiously magnetic smile had swooned my heart the first time I saw her, with that humorless, lifeless smile, and those empty morose eyes.

The sight itself churned my insides to the core and stirred some incomprehensible sensations within, which I would never want to experience in my upcoming life, ever. Nor did I want her to go through such humongous mountains of self-doubts that she has been carrying since eternity.

Maintaining a firm, determined gaze, I peered at her, and whisper asked softly yet sternly,

"What did you say? Arrogant? Egoistic? Boring? Overly mature? Colorless? Passive? Nerdy? and what? Lackluster? This is how people defined you? And this how you are defining yourself?"

She averted her eyes to the other side ignoring my question and kept mum as she kept looking at the surroundings unblinkingly. Her face marred with a big scowl, frows knitted tightly, and lips pursed, probably not liking my edgy tone.

"Look at me, Riya" I called, my voice firm, but the tone as gentle and as tender as I could.

"You are going to look at me only, and not anywhere else. And you are just going to listen to what I say. Okay?"

"Okay." She matched my gaze the exact stance, and replied inaudibly, nodding meekly, not for once diverting her eyes.

My gaze intuitively wandered to our enclosed palms, and my mood lifted within a fleeting second as quiet contentment spread through my veins, seeing how perfectly her fingers get interlaced with mine and how flawlessly she fits my life.

I don't know what the future entails for us, but I wanted to live this moment and remove all the inhibitions and apprehensions she has so wrongly developed for herself.

Lifting my head, I matched my unwavering gaze with hers and spoke each word, and each sentence as patiently and calmly as I could,

"You are not reserved Riya, you just choose your circle wisely, because, you are a woman who believes in good character, high morals, and realistic friendships, instead of the huge bunch of materialistic, corrupt, unworthy brats insidiously disguised as friends.