i

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Okay well, L/N, please sit in the seat behind Saiki. Saiki, please raise your hand so she knows where to go." The pinkette raised his hand, his face showing absolutely no interest in me or the conversation. I sat down in the seat. "Ah, Uhm, nice to meet you, Saiki." I awkwardly waved from behind, setting my school bag beside my desk. I think he ignored me as he didn't respond. 'Rude.' I thought, annoyed that I was being ignored.

After our first class, the majority of my class bombarded me with questions. All of them were fairly normal questions.

"Where'd you come from?"
"How was your old school like?"
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Can I have your number?"
"Do you have a crush on anyone?"
"What hair product do you use?"
"What're your hobbies?"
"Do you like reading?"

That is until a blue-haired boy chuckled from the crowd. I raised an eyebrow at his actions, concerned if I'm gonna have a weirdo in my class.

"I see, another mortal has arrived.. You should be lucky, L/N. Especially for being in the presence of the savior who will defeat Dark Reunion, I am Jet Black Wings!" He scoffed, looking down at me in pride. 'This boy has what's it called again? Chunnibyo syndrome...' I was curious to know what people thought of this guy, I decided to figure that out by playing along with his role-play as a joke. "It is an utmost pleasure to meet you, Jet Black Wings!" I smirked, crossing my arms. "..What?" The students were very confused and weirded out. On the other hand, the boy stared at me in surprise. "Something wrong?" I asked while waving a hand at his face. He blinked and immediately fixed his posture. "Ah uh, not at all! My name is Kaidou, Shun!" He exclaimed, a happy smile plastered on his face. I smiled back, still confused about his weird speech. "So um, what the hell is The Dark Reunion?"

At this point, the students who have, well, had, an interest in me before were long gone from my desk. 'Was it me or did Kaidou scare them away?' I wondered. His face turned serious.

"An evil organization out to get me, The Dark Reunion is the reason for the mysterious disappearances and deaths. I must track them down and defeat them once and for all, even if I have to sacrifice my life protecting the mortals from them..."

'The fuck?'

"Oh I see," I replied, trying to take in the words he just said. So the boy who thinks he's a god is being targeted by an evil group...ok. "Well, best of luck Kaidou." I smile, right before the bell rings. It felt as if his heart stopped for a moment before walking away to his seat with a red face, his lips curling up to a smile.

~Time skip~

"Damn, the first day is always exhausting. This girl needs her F/F and sleep." I sighed, getting all of my things and shoving them into my bag.

'Do they have my favorite restaurant he-' a bright light pours into my eyesight, instinctively closing my eyes shut. Wait. A bright light. What the hell. Am I dead?? Is it even possible to die in the middle of a thought?? 'I barely transferred here, you can't do this to me!' My eyebrows furrowed.

I peeked my eyes open, only for them to widen in amazement. "Oh wow!" I gasped. I didn't realize we had such a pretty girl in our class. She had beautiful blue hair, and her deep-sea blue eyes complimented her features so perfectly. I hadn't noticed her until now, but wow she's gorgeous. She walked over to me, a cute smile resting on her face. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Kokomi Teruhashi. I hope we can get along well!" The whole room went silent, seeing two pretty girls talking with each other. I couldn't help but feel very insecure around her. Being in her presence made me look like those bootleg dolls from companies that replicate popular things, like barbies or Bratz. I waved at her, "Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you too, you're very pretty Teruhashi." A subtle blush appeared on her cheeks, "Ah, thank you. Who knew we'd have a cute transfer student! Your name compliments your looks!" She cupped my cheeks together. I tried to compose myself by closing my gaping mouth. "Thank you very much!" I rested my hands above hers. She let go, waving goodbye, heading towards the exit.

Confidence +100

As I walked out of the building, a familiar boy stood at the gate, acting very odd. "Something wrong Kaidou?" I walked up to him. He flinched at the sudden voice before calming down realizing it was me. "O-oh! Hey L/N!" He smiled. "Nothing in particular, no no, nothing...do you live close by?" he looked down at the floor. "Yeah? That's why I'm gonna walk home." He kept glancing over to the road and then to me.

"You know if you wanted to walk together you could've just spit it out already." His eyes shot up at me in surprise and glee. "How'd you know?!" He pointed his finger at me. "Could you read my mind or what?!" I laughed, "That's impossible, this isn't some world with supernatural beings and powers like psychics."
"Plus, you're really bad at hiding your intentions, to be honest."

"Oh, I see, my bad." Before he could continue, I grabbed his wrist and began walking to our route. "Let's go." I stop so I don't end up dragging him there. He caught up with me and began walking beside me.
It was a comfortable silence during our walk, the buzz from the light posts that flickered, the distant chatter, and the soft breeze that blew past me. The whole time, my hand still held his wrist tightly, almost as if a part of me didn't want to let go.

"Hey L/N how come you transferred to PK academy?" He broke the silence. "Uhm, you sure? The story of why I moved is a little insane..." I furrowed my eyebrows. His curiosity piqued more. "Let's save that for another time!"
"No fair, but ok." He sighed, only becoming more curious than before. We stayed silent again until we stood at the road. "I'm going this way, so I'll see you tomorrow." I point in the direction I'm going. He nodded and hesitantly stepped back. "Bye L/N!" He smiled, walking the other way while I continued to stare at him walk away.

"He's an odd one." I started remembering some of the unique personalities my classmates had. "And a goofball. Pffft."

Brace yourself Y/N, it's going to be quite the hectic school year.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

A/N: Hi !! Welcome to another book, this time featuring our dear Kaidou! Reader insert will be using she/her pronouns and will be referred to as a girl. So if that's not your cup of tea you're welcome to discontinue reading. This is probably the only A/N I'm making since nobody reads these. Enjoy <3

— grey