|9|: Assault Pt. 2

(⚠️warning, mature themes ahead. Viewer discretion advised.⚠️)

~two hours later~

Nekozawa was concerned; Hiromi hadn't come to see him, she was an hour late. And he knew that she wasn't the type of person to bail on someone without notice.

His mind drew up all sorts of scenarios for what might have happened, but he tried to shoot them all down. He didn't want to imagine the worst case scenario unless necessary. After all, Hiromi wouldn't immediately think of the worst case scenario.

She always looked on the bright side of things. She was always so chipper and happy, with an infectious smile upon her face. She made other people happy just by being near them. She had made him so happy.

Hiromi had brought light into his darkness, but it didn't hurt him like it usually does. That's because Hiromi's light was pure and positive. Perhaps that's why he had fallen for her so quickly. They hadn't even known each other that long, but he was already in love with her. He felt that her light was something that had to be protected. Because you don't meet people like Hiromi every day. She was one of a kind.

Nekozawa's phone rang, but he didn't recognize the caller ID, but he picked up anyways.

"Hello?" He said warily.

"Nekozawa senpai, it's Haruhi. Is Hiromi with you?" Haruhi asked worriedly.

"No, I haven't seen her. I hoped that you might know where she is." He responded.

"Well I don't. I haven't seen her since she left to see you. She should've been home by now, and I can't get ahold of her." Haruhi was growing increasingly concerned, as was Nekozawa.

"Have you looked around your neighborhood? Maybe she's doing some shopping." Nekozawa suggested, trying to look on the bright side.

"She would let us know if she was going to go shopping. Plus, she would probably be tired after walking around the host club all day. Besides, I already checked with our neighbors, and they haven't seen her." Haruhi said.

"Then she's probably still at Ouran, somewhere." Nekozawa deduced.

"Those were my thoughts exactly. I'm heading back over there now, and I've already alerted the other club members and they're coming to help. They hadn't left yet anyway." Haruhi explained.

"I'll look for her too. In all likelihood, Hiromi's fine."

~meanwhile, with Hiromi~

Yeah... Hiromi was definitely not fine. In fact, she was awful. Just awful. She was stripped down to her bra and underwear, and she was stuck sitting on the floor, because she only had one leg. So yeah, she was not doing well.

It had been two hours now, and she still hadn't moved from her spot on the floor. Two hours of continuous crying. Two hours of being alone, with no one finding her, or even knowing where to look. Hiromi didn't like solitude. She had never liked solitude.

She was a social butterfly, who loved to interact with various people. She always had a warm and welcoming smile on her face. She was always so hopeful and positive, and had this uncanny ability to make everyone she came in contact with, feel safe and loved. And she didn't even have to work hard to do so, all she had to do was smile. Because that's who Hiromi was. A girl with a beautiful soul, who always looks on the bright side.

But the Hiromi currently sitting on the cold floor, was not the usual Hiromi. No, not all.

This Hiromi felt defeated and humiliated. She felt alone and unworthy. She felt like an invalid. Basically, she felt exactly the same way that she had when she first ended up in the hospital after the accident. This Hiromi was very different from the Hiromi that everyone knows and loves. She had given up.