|13|: Cousins

"Hello everyone. Some of you already know me, but for those who don't, I'll introduce myself." Hiromi said as she smiled at her classmates. "My name is Hiromi Fujioka. Haruhi is my older brother." She said adding a teasing tone to the word "brother". No one caught on except one girl in the back of the room who arched a brow quizzically.

  "It's a pleasure to have you attend class with us ms. Fujioka. I've heard all about you from the chairman and his son." The teacher said. Hiromi sent him a beaming smile in response. "I'm happy to be here." She said. "You may take a seat anywhere." The teacher said. Hiromi nodded and made her way over to a seat in the back of the class.

  After sitting down, class started and Hiromi started to take notes. That is until she was interrupted by someone continually tapping her shoulder. She tried to ignore the person at first, but they wouldn't let up, so Hiromi reluctantly turned to face them.

  There was a girl with shoulder length dirty blonde hair and pale blue eyes staring at her and smiling mischievously. "My name is Saskia Tokerav." I just transferred here from Russia." She said in a thick Russian accent and slightly broken Japanese. Hiromi nodded in acknowledgment. "It's nice to meet you. I saw you looking at me when I first walked in." She said. "That's because I took a particular interest in how you put emphasis on the word brother. If I didn't know any better, I'd assume that you were hiding something." She said with a knowing smile on her face. Hiromi simply smiled innocently. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She said before turning her attention back to the teacher's lesson. Conversation ceased after that, but Hiromi still caught Saskia looking at her out of the corner of her eye. 'She doesn't know. Does she?'

***

After morning classes ended, Hiromi started to make her way to Nekozawa's club room, as she'd promised him she'd do after her last class got out.

She skipped awkwardly down the hallway with a large smile on her face, ecstatic to see the man she loved again. Now that she was a student at Ouran, she could spend even more time with Nekozawa.

"Hey Hiromi, wait up!" A voice called. Hiromi stopped walking and turned to see Saskia running towards her. By the time she caught up to Hiromi, she was panting.

"Man, you're really fast for someone with a fake leg." Saskia said before immediately covering her mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed while blushing in embarrassment. Hiromi simply laughed. "It's fine. I'm not really sensitive about my leg." She assured with a kind smile. Saskia sighed in relief and the two girls proceeded to walk together.

"So, where are you off to now?" Saskia asked. "I'm going to see my boyfriend at his club room." Hiromi explained. "Ooh, you have a boyfriend, huh? Is he handsome?" Saskia inquired in a sly tone. Hiromi pictured Nekozawa and blushed. "I think he's very handsome. He's also one of the kindest people that I've ever met. If not a little shy." She said dreamily. Saskia chuckled. "Now I have to meet this guy who's got you all red." She teased. "Sure, you can meet him." Hiromi replied. Saskia's eyes widened. "Really? I assumed you'd want to spend some alone time with your boyfriend." She said. Hiromi shrugged. "I don't see the harm in introducing you to him. It's not like it's illegal." She said with a smile on her face.

Saskia found herself smiling with Hiromi. "Has anyone ever told you that you have a very engaging personality?" She asked. Hiromi chuckled loudly. "Yeah, I've heard that a few times."

~small time skip~

"So, this is where your boyfriend is?" Saskia asked while looking at the large black doors that looked rather intimidating. Hiromi nodded. "He's the occult club President." She explained as she went to open the door. Saskia looked a little hesitant. 'Well, she did say that he was nice, so I guess it will be okay.' Saskia thought before following Hiromi inside.

  "Neko chan, are you here?" Hiromi called out into the darkness. Saskia stuck as close to Hiromi as possible as she looked around the dark room. "Man, I can't see a thing." She complained. "Yeah, he likes it dark." Hiromi said.

  At that moment, Nekozawa stepped into view, and Saskia nearly had a heart attack. 'This is the guy who is super sweet and shy?! He looks like a murderer!' She started to panic. However, Hiromi smiled brightly at him.

  "I missed you Hiromi." Nekozawa said. Saskia grabbed Hiromi's arm tightly. "This is your boyfriend?! Are you crazy?!" She whispered harshly to Hiromi. "Saskia, don't judge someone based on their appearance." Hiromi admonished.

  Nekozawa looked at Saskia and raised a brow. "Kia, is that you?" He asked in surprise. Saskia immediately calmed down when she heard her nickname. She looked closer at Nekozawa. "Umi?" She asked with widened eyes.

  Suddenly the room was filled with excited screams as Saskia threw her arms around Nekozawa. "I can't believe it's you! I didn't recognize you with the robes on." She said happily. "Why did you tell me that you were coming to Ouran?" Nekozawa questioned curiously. "It's not like I knew you attended this specific school." Saskia replied in a sassy tone.

  "Um, I hate to interrupt this little reunion, but may I ask what's going on?" Hiromi asked politely. Nekozawa and Saskia immediately turned to face Hiromi.

  "Sorry about that Hi chan, I was just so surprised. I had no idea that Saskia would be with you." He said. Hiromi arched a brow and waited for an explanation. Saskia chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck. "You see Hiromi, Umehito and I are cousins." She explained.

  Hiromi's eyes widened in shock. She was surprised to say the least, but now that she got a closer look at them, she could see a slight resemblance. She was just glad to know that there was nothing romantic between her boyfriend and her new friend.

  "It's so nice to meet more of Neko chan's family!" Hiromi exclaimed, getting over her initial shock and smiling happily. Saskia looked at Nekozawa and arched a brow. "Neko chan, huh?" She said in a teasing tone. Nekozawa blushed in embarrassment. Saskia burst out laughing. "I love your new nickname. Can I call you Neko chan too?" She asked. "No you may not!" Nekozawa exclaimed in surprise. Hiromi couldn't help but laugh at her boyfriend's reaction. It made him even cuter than he already was.

  After things calmed down a bit, Saskia turned her attention to Hiromi. "So, how did you and Umehito meet?" She asked. Hiromi chuckled nervously. "That's a long story."

___________________________________

  * Sorry if this chapter sucked and was a bit rushed. It's been a while since I've published a new chapter. Plus, I'm writing this while on a 7 hour drive through the middle of the desert on my way to Idaho. So, it's not my best work. I'll try to make the next one better.

PS, thanks for all the views and positive comments. It means a lot to me!