|16|: Meet the parents

"So, how was the visit to Kanade's grave? I know that you brought Nekozawa along with you this time." Haruhi asked as she and Hiromi sat down for dinner.

  "It was great! Nekozawa and Kanade got along well, and we had a seance!" Hiromi replied excitedly. Haruhi sweat dropped. "A seance huh?" Hiromi nodded. 'Nekozawa Senpai, you've corrupted my sister.'

  "Did you make contact with Kanade?" Haruhi asked, humoring her sister. Hiromi shook her head. "Nope, not this time. But that doesn't mean that Kanade's not still here. I'll just have to try again another time." She said happily as she took a bite of food.

  "That reminds me, Neko Chan said that he's taking me to meet his family tomorrow." Hiromi said. Haruhi spit out her water. "You're meeting his family?! What happens if they don't want their son dating a commoner?!" Haruhi exclaimed.

  Hiromi rolled her eyes. "I'm not worried about that. Even if Neko Chan's family doesn't like me, it doesn't mean that we can't see each other anymore. I know that no matter what, our relationship is strong." Haruhi still looked a little unsure. "If you say so."

~the next day~

  "Are you ready to meet my family?" Nekozawa asked as he and Hiromi stood in front of his mansion. Hiromi nodded happily. "More than ready!" Nekozawa smiled and opened the front door.

  "Welcome home master Umehito. You're parents have been expecting you." A tall man with a bald head said. Nekozawa nodded and led Hiromi to the parlor where his parents were waiting.

  When they saw their son and Hiromi enter the room, Nekozawa's parents smiled and bowed to Hiromi. "It's so nice to finally meet you Hiromi. Thank you for coming." His mother said. Hiromi smiled politely. "The pleasure is all mine."

  At that moment, a little girl with blonde pigtails poked her head out from behind her mother leg. She stared at Hiromi in awe and smiled. "You're really pretty!" She said happily. Hiromi chuckled. "Thank you Kirimi, you are as well." Hiromi replied.

  Kirimi laughed and ran up to Hiromi and noticed her prosthetic leg. "Woah! What's that?! Are you some kind of cyborg? She asked excitedly. Hiromi sweat dropped.

  "Kirimi! That's not very nice!" Nekozawa's mother scolded. Kirimi pouted. "Sorry Hiromi." She said. Hiromi smiled and picked Kirimi up. "That's alright Kirimi. And to answer your question, no, I'm not a cyborg. I lost my leg in an accident four years ago, so they gave me this as a replacement." She said as she gestured to her prosthetic. Kirimi's parents smiled happily when they saw how good Hiromi was with her.

  "Why don't we all sit down?" Mrs. Nekozawa suggested.

  ~small time skip~

  Things couldn't have gone better with Nekozawa's parents. It turned out that they didn't care at all that Hiromi wasn't rich. They were just happy that their son had someone he loved to share his life with. They especially enjoyed Hiromi's infectious smiles and positive attitude. She brought out the lighter side in Nekozawa. She was just a ray of sunshine that lit up the room.

  "Well, Hiromi, you're a delight. I can see why Umehito loves you." Nekozawa's mother said. Hiromi smiled. "Thank you Mrs. Nekozawa, that means a lot." Hiromi said while smiling.

  "Please dear, call me Anako, we're going to be family after all." Nekozawa's mother said.

  Hiromi and Nekozawa's eyes widened. "What are you talking about mother?" Nekozawa questioned. Anako smiled. "Well, the two of you are going to be married soon." She said nonchalantly. Hiromi's jaw dropped. "What?!"

  Nekozawa's parents chuckled. "Well, we've decided that you're the perfect match for our son, and since he's getting to be that age, he needs a wife. So my husband and I have decided that you two should marry."