Chapter 6: What is Emotion?

I woke up on a bed, Fruity's bed. I look around to see.. nothing. I stood up from the bed and began to stare at the empty place. Just white, for the eye to see. I tried imagining something to appear in front of me, maybe a sign this is a dream. But nothing appeared in front of me. I tried waking up, but it didn't work. I tried biting my finger to wake myself up, to no avail. I just sat down, but I didn't feel myself sit down. I sat for what felt like 5 minutes hoping for anything, even a monster. It didn't work. I thought of how I would get used to this before I opened my eyes.

I stared at the ceiling for 2 minutes, just hoping today I'd feel something. I look to the left and I saw Fruity lying next to me. Did he sneak in while I was asleep? Maybe he got lonely. Well it's not his fault, so I stood up from the bed and wrapped him in his blanket. I got dressed and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I went down and see breakfast made and steaming already. Did Fruity make this just now? Wait does this mean that he faked being asl-

"Good Morning Koko! I made breakfast just now!" He startled me, wearing a mommy's boy apron and his school attire underneath.

"Weren't you lying down with me jus-"

"Don't worry abou-"

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME." I didn't realize I said that, as Fruity was shocked and taken back.

We stared at each other for what felt like an hour, before I decided to sit down and begin eating. It was too silent for what felt like forever, before I decided it was time to break the deafening silence.

"I'm sorry, Fruity. I'm still tense from yesterday, but I really appreciate this breakfast. Once I'm done do you want to walk to school?" I asked him as I took a bite of the eggs and bacon he has made. Oh my god, this taste pretty good.. it feels like it took hours to cook. 

Fruity looked over to me, and his lips curved to form a smile as he said:

"I'd like that, Koko." His simple words managed to off-put me. Is this what a parental figure feels like? I feel like I can trust him with my life. I have to make this up to him somehow.

I finished my food and picked up my bag, ready to head to school. Fruity ran upstairs to get something, but I had already gone outside. Down the street I see someone, the kid I helped out yesterday along with his mother. Hey, it looks like he's headed to the bullet train as well. Maybe me and Fruity should go with them, maybe she'd give us a reward. 

Fruity tumbled down the stairs and we began to walk with the kid and his mother to the next Bullet train. The mother began to discuss with us: 
"My son tells me you saved him from bad people yesterday, and I don't know how I'll make it up to you. I'm so sorry if he got himself into th-"

"Don't worry about it Miss, we were passing by and saw him, no reward needed!" Fruity declined, and I nodded along as well. 

We made it to the bullet train and we sat down. Fruity leaned and put his head on my shoulder.
"What're you doing?" I asked him.
"I made that breakfast for you so early in the morning, I deserve a bit of a rest, right?" As he slept on my shoulder. 

In the next car I see Okawa. He and I share a stare, but he looks away. What is he looking at? I stood up, and Fruity hit his head on the wall of the train. I looked over to see.. Yuki? Wait how is she here? Am I seeing delusions? 
She looked over to me and immediately turned to Okawa, looking panicked. As soon as she did, Okawa stood up and tried opening the door to the next car. Suddenly the train stopped, waking up Fruity. 

"Stand up, we're going on a run." I told him, as he grabbed his bag. As soon as those doors opened I saw Akira and Rhed look at me in confusion. I grabbed Fruity's hand and began sprinting for the exit, before Yuki and Okawa came out. Fruity kept dragging me down, so I kept tugging, at this point I'm dragging him. We entered the school and went to first block. I'm exhausted, but I looked over at him and he didn't seem tired at all.

"You ok Fruity?" I asked him, wondering why he was looking away from me.
"I'm fine, just don't grab my hand so suddenly next time, ok?" He asked me, looking away with his legs crossed.
"I won't, are you sure you're fine?" I asked. 
"I'm fine, lets just get to class." He said, walking a bit oddly.

After 1st and 2nd period, we headed to break. Fruity seemed a bit happier today. He seemed like he could do just about anything, so I just acknowledged it and moved on to 3rd period. I didn't see Fruity in 3rd period, something's very wrong. After 3rd block I ran to the cafeteria to see if he was there. Sure enough, he was.

I walked in to see him arguing with Akira, the bickering got louder and louder. I shrugged it off as Fruity getting mad at Akira again, so I sat down and began eating. I looked at my food before hearing a table slam. I look up to see Akira with her fist out, and Fruity with his hand over his nose and his left hand slammed into the desk. I see Rhed sprint in from the Northwest hallway to break up the fight, and I see Okawa enter the cafeteria from the southwest hallway with Yuki, hiding her behind him. 

Fruity, in anger, swing his fist at Rhed's face, shoving him into the table. Akira and Fruity begin quarreling again, with Okawa throwing himself into the chaos. This fight's going off the rails. I blinked and saw myself begin to run up to the quarrel as well. I saw my desk getting further and further while my vision begins to tunnel, focusing on the altercation in front of me. I jumped over the desk and pushed my way into the middle. 

It all happened in an instant.

I grabbed the first thing I felt and twisted it.

I opened my eyes to see me twisting the wrist of Okawa. 

At once all of my plans unfolded as a twist of words poured out of my mouth before I realized it.

"Don't touch him." I said as my grip tightened. 

I'm not controlling my body anymore, my heart is. 

Is this an emotion?