Chapter 17: Not an Enemy

I fell asleep.. well God knows when. I just remember plopping onto the couch late at night. I check the clock to see it's already 1:10 in the afternoon, and so I decided to fix my couch and I began changing in the restroom. In the restroom, I look at myself, and think of how much different I look. If I showed myself to me a couple years back, I wouldn't be able to recognize myself. Me, the great Okawa, fell from grace for a girl who almost killed herself. What a story.

I heard the doorbell ring, so I put on my clothes a bit quicker now, and exit the bathroom and began to walk to the door. I opened it and nobody was there, maybe it was just some ding dong ditching. 

I walked to Rhed's house hoping I could hang out with him today, but he wasn't there. I even used the secret key and he wasn't home. I closed the door behind me, and just walked and kept walking. 

Suddenly, down the street, a familiar face I see, looking down at a note.

"Fruity? The hell you doing here?" I asked him, as he looked up and instantly jumped from the bench he was sitting on.
"Look, we're not the best of friends I know, but I desperately need your help." He said, as I instantly began to think. If Rhed and Akira, Yuki, and now Kokoru aren't home, why are we the only two left? I'm sure Fruity doesn't have any other friends, so Kokoru must be somewhere else. 
"What's in it for me?" I asked him, as he fell to the ground, bowing down at my feet, saying:

"I don't know yet, but please! I need you to dress me up and bring me to this party at a fancy Manor! Please, Okawa!" He said, as I, admittedly, began feeling a little bad.

"Stand up, you'll ruin you're pants." I said, as he looked up and got up from the ground.
"Why do you need me going? You were invited, not me." I asked, as he dusted off his pants.

"I don't know anyone there. And it's a big fancy mansion, I won't last a second by myself there." he said, as I checked out his outfit. He was wearing an orange jacket with another orange sweater and an.. another orange bowtie.

"Well you're not going to the goddamn party lookin like an orange martini, I'm bringing you to a tailor." I said, as he tilted his head, confused.

"A tailor?"
"Just keep up."

I paid a tailor a hefty sum to get Fruity a new suit, as he kept standing there, just confused. One time he almost punched the tailor because, as he says:  "You're not allowed to touch there, I'm a loyal one."

After the tailor, we walked a couple blocks to the party, but there was a guy at the door. He told us:

"Write your names. Your ACTUAL names. If you lie, you aren't getting the big surprise nearing the end of the party." He said, as I was interested. Fruity, however, was careful. He wrote Fruity and I wrote my name, Okawa Shincho. We entered the mansion, to see a ballroom completely trashed. Everyone was wearing suits and were totally wasted on fruit punch beer. 

Fruity looked around, before hiding behind me, as I began to walk.
"What're you doing? This is the party you were invited to."
"I expected fancies and wine glasses, not BEER PUNCH." He said, as a couple of guys walk up to us.

"Hey! Wanna have a drink? It's 1/2 punch and 1/2... like... something." One of them said, as the cup began slipping from his hands.
"Mmmmm.. No thanks. I don't think we wanna die tonight." I said, as Fruity hid behind me. Hey.. he kind of reminds me of Yuki.. in a way. The way he hides behind my back, it reminnds me faintly of her. Wait, WHY AM I THINKING LIKE THAT?! 

We began moving away from the drunkards, and Fruity suggested we explore the upstairs rooms, and I said sure. While upstairs, Fruity entered one big segment, while I entered another.

I came to a long corridor with 4 doors leading to the upper front of the mansion. I opened the 1st door and saw a train model, it was the size of the room, from the roof to the floor. A train kept moving throughout it, and the room was designed to look like a small town. It's not for me though, so I closed the door behind me.

The second door opened and it was.. a kink chamber. BDSM equipment, chokers, eugh. Not me, no thanks. I slammed the door 3 seconds after entering it.

The third door was opened already, and had.. books. This is a library? Wait.. no. These are sketchbooks, this is a workplace for an artist. Hmm.. these past few days I haven't been practicing my still hand. Fine, I'll stay for a bit. 

I sat in the chair in the middle of the room, grabbed a sketchbook and some materials to draw with, and adjusted the light in front of me. I thought of what to draw, but then it was a total no brainer, I'll try my best to draw Yuki. I began with the hair, then the face, and onward.

"OKAWA!" Fruity said, opening the door and closing it behind him.
"Fruity? Something up?" I asked him, because he looked panicked. 
"..This party is the WORST. THEY HAVE NO SENSE OF PERSONAL SPACE, THEY TRIED PUTTING A GAG ON ME!" He said, as I chuckled.

"You're dumbe- HEY YOU RIPPED YOU'RE GODDAMN SUIT!"
"THAT'S THE LEAST OF OUR ISSUES."

Suddenly, we heard a bell ring out from the hallway. 
"Come down to the main ballroom! The gift is starting!" Someone said, as Fruity and I got up.
"I don't trust it one bit, Okawa." Fruity said, as I slapped the back of his head.

"I know you don't, but it's rude not to go." I said, as we left the art room and I had Yuki's drawing in my pocket.

We went down the stairs and into the crowd of people, as the owners of the mansion stood on the top floor, right above us. 

"Gifts are at the door. The party is over. Leave." said one of them, he had a black jacket with a hood on. As Fruity kept walking to the door, I noticed that the spokesman pointed at us, and I was interested.

"Hey, before we go, wanna see something cool?"
"Not really, I hate this place." 
We climbed the stairs again, and as I turned the corner..

"Hey Okawa! This one's for Fuan!" A voice said behind me. As I turned to face it, he sprinted at me.

"Wait wh-" He threw something at me, I couldn't see what it was, but it grazed me. I knew right then and there, as soon as he said the name, we were in danger.