Chapter 24

Not even 10 minutes later I was hugging Rosalie goodbye,

"I'll see you soon" she said pulling me into a comfortable hug.

"Rosalie, promise me something, if something goes wrong, don't save me, save Bella and yourselves" I whispered into her ear, so only she could hear.

"Nothing will go wrong, y/n." she immediately responded 

"But if it does...."

"if it does," she paused, hesitating, "if it does I promise to do what you asked..."

"I know you don't always care for Bella, but I do, and I care for you," I pulled back from the hug and raised my voice to a level where everyone could hear me now, "I care about almost all of you" I said looking around at everyone, but locking eyes with Edward as I said 'almost'. 

Everyone gave a quick little goodbye to me and Edward and we got in the car. I immediately put on my seat belt, Edward stared, "What..? Bella told me how you drive" I said and he rolled his eyes with a faint hint of a smile. He smiled at her name... It was a good thing he didn't leave me much time to think about that, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Well what next" he had his stupid little smirk again. "Now...now we fight for our lives." I sighed. He paused not knowing what to say at first, "Well...you can pick the music if it makes you feel better?" I turned on the radio to my favorite channel, Waves by Dean Lewis was playing. It sounded even better with the rain hitting the windshield, and the constant rumbling of thunder, I did make me feel a little better, music and rain both always did the trick.

We pulled out of the garage, I knew right away that Bella was absolutely right about his driving. We sat in silence for a while, after the song finished playing though, he reached over to the radio and turned the volume down a little. I didn't turn to look at him, I kept my eyes directed out the window. 

"So, can I ask you something?" He said looking at me even though he was driving.

"no" I still did look at him.

He paused for a long moment before continuing to ask the question anyways, "Why didn't you say I love back to Bella?"

Now I turned to look at him for a minute, before looking back out the dark window. "Oh, you caught that huh?"

"Yeah"

"I don't really say that to anybody, personal reasons"

"Why"

"Personal reasons" I repeated

He grabbed my hand in his, "you can tell me"

"Dont...touch me" I snapped and he dropped it

"Im sorry, I-I thought-" he began but I interrupted him

"-you thought what? you thought now that Bella is gone you can come to your backup choice? No. I am not anyones backup. You cannot have both, and I will not ruin my sister's happiness." I said looking him dead in the eye. He said nothing and returned to watching the road, as did I.

After a while, I must have fallen asleep. Because suddenly I woke up. I looked over to Edward who looked back at me for a moment and then he got the biggest smirk on his face and laughed. "What?!" I asked slightly offended but mostly very confused. "N-no- nothing" He said still laughing. "No tell me!" I honestly had no idea why he was laughing, but it was contagious, and I realized I was laughing a bit too. "Well its just you look quite silly sleeping upright" I hadn't thought of that, Im sure I had looked stupid. "Whatever" I was laughing more than ever now. 

We continued to look at each other laughing for a while, and soon the laughs slowly began to fade into a smile, and then hardly a smile. At this point everything sunk back in. My smile wiped off my face, "you should really watch the road" I said blankly as I turned out to look out my window and rested my head in my palm while my elbow rested on the little side armrest or whatever it is called. "yeah, n-no you're right. Sorry" and justice that all our momentary happiness faded away.

AN: Also I need to take a human moment to say... THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY, I HAVE 10K READS!!! AHHHHH