Chapter Fifteen

—First Person POV.—

I let out a grumble, the sun practically blinding me as I shifted in my bed. After a few seconds I finally pushed myself up, letting out a yawn 'I slept well for the first time since..'

'Well— Ever.' I rubbed my eyes, glancing around the spacious room 'Proper furniture.. A window that lets in sunlight.' I kicked my legs off of the bed, looking down at it 'A bed that's so much softer than the one I had been using this whole time.'

'A lot of things changed in one day.'

I got ready and headed out of my new room, closing the door behind me 'The vampires bedroom is close.' I glanced towards the bedroom door not too far away from mine.

'It's nice because everything is more accessible.' Turning on my heel I started walking down the staircase 'The staircase is right out front.'

I came to a stop behind the crowd of maids, my eyes trailing up to see Momo, her right hand was bandaged up but no one said a thing about it "—Give extra attention to the first floor hallways." She called out.

'Now I can join the others in their daily activities.'

I went to eat my breakfast, now being ignored by everyone 'And I can eat without people staring at me!'

'He really did... Change everything..'

After finishing my food I went off, searching for a certain maid.

I started walking through one of the hallways, a few maids passing by me 'What changed the most is, of course..'

Their eyes caught on to my form, the both of them smiling nervously as they waved "Good morning!" one of the girls greeted.

"Oh, good morning." I replied with a smile 'They're so submissive, it's almost funny.' I watched as the two dashed off, quickly scurrying down the hallway.

'This is the result of the vampires method.' I thought, continuing on with my search, every few seconds I would pass another maid, all of them saying their nervous greetings.

Then I paused 'Come to think of it.. I haven't seen Inoca or Jirou..?' I mentally noted, my eyes catching on to Renee talking to another maid.

I walked up beside her, the maid seeing me and quickly excusing herself before darting away "Renee, may I ask you something?" I questioned, the taller female tilting her head towards me.

She glanced at the retreating maid before nodding towards me "Let's go to my room."

I followed the dark haired her to her room, walking inside and watching as she closed the door and locked it.

"I haven't seen Inoca and the others, or Jirou." I started "Do you know what happened to them? Or where they are?" She turned away from the door, thinking of an answer to my question.

"They were fired. You won't see them anymore." She answered nonchalantly and causing me to panic "Wait what? Jirou too??"

She shook her head "Jirou actually left on a quick vacation to help her parents at a tavern. Inoca and the others who harassed you were fired." I sighed in relief.

'Fired? That's a pretty normal method considering he's a vampire.. and it's good Jirou is okay.'

"Why? Did you expect to hear that they died or something?" Renee questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I hurriedly shook my head "No, it's nothing like that-" "Several others were fired too, not just her." She cut me off with a sigh "The termination process is not very pleasant, so people don't talk about it." She shot a look towards me "Meaning. Don't go asking around."