Chapter Thirty-Six

Best girl bouta enter the story 😩🤌

—First Person POV.—

"What."

"My lady, our apologies for not finishing sooner." Renee apologized with the bow of her head.

"Is something going on??" I question, glancing around my room— That was currently filled to the brim by maids.

"We were selecting outfits." Renee explained as a maid came over and held a dress up for her "Is this good?" Renee glanced at the dress before shaking her head "Get another one."

There was a stack of suitcases right next to my bed "This many? You filled four suitcases already!" I exclaimed.

"Don't I just need a dress to wear there, pajamas and a dress to wear back?" I asked, watching as she shook her head in disappointment "Stop acting like a commoner."

"You need an outfit for breakfast, boating, dinner, pajamas, and the return trip. That's five pieces already." She explained before continuing "Plus you need extra outfits just in case, and matching accessories and shoes."

"Do I have that much clothes..?" I was speechless at this point, Renee just rolled her eyes "You bought them all last time." My eyebrows furrowed as I quickly replied "No, I only bought a few for outings."

She paused before turning away with the clear of her throat "..There were some from the dressmaker sent as gifts to buy your favor."

'Oh yeah, sure.' I deadpanned, glancing at the wall they had opened up— Another closet? I could see a handful of dresses lined up against the inside 'I never even knew we had a closet behind the wall!'

I let a sigh past my lips before turning to leave the room 'How long did he plan on hiding them from me?'

"Where are you going?" I glanced over my shoulder to see Renee staring at me expectantly, her arms crossed over her chest to cement the gesture.

"I'm just stepping out for some fresh air?" I answered, not really knowing how to respond— I was just planning on climbing a tree or something

She shook her head.

"You need to get ready." She stated, brushing some of her black hair from her eyes before snapping her fingers.

"Jirou, I believe you can finish up here." Jirou nodded, sending a small wave in my direction before Renee started walking in my direction.

"But I'm already ready, see?" I gestured to the dress I currently had on but she just glanced to the maids to the right of me "Bring the flowers and the dress." She commanded.

'Oh no.' I took a step back.

She gave me another look, I recognized that look— It's a warning look.

I took another step back.

She deadpanned "Don't—" I spun around and booked it. As per usual, I'm not wearing shoes so running was pretty easy actually.

Unless it's from a chick who knows how to sprint in heels.

I could hear the clicking and clacking of death catching up on me as I turned a corner, a scream escaping my lips as I dared glance back and catch her hand just missing me.

"YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR SHOES, (Y/N)." She bellowed behind me, much closer than I would have liked.

"NO!" I screamed, jumping over a suitcase being carried by two men.

I didn't even want to look back to see if she managed to jump over in FREAKING HEELS—

—Time Skip.—