Act II

▬ι═══════ﺤ
2. THE ESCAPEE
▬ι═══════ﺤ

" Warning:

Droghal may be renown for its vertical build, its population of notable celebrities, and delectable seafood, but the city does hide a dark side. As the third largest city in the world, it has its fair share of criminal activity hidden in the shadows. Hundreds of small street gangs are known to the Corps, though there are undoubtedly more unknown. Larger groups of organized crime-for example, the Vices, Needles and Flame Angels-add members with bloody inductions to complete acts of robbery, public property destruction and even murder. Their most typical motives are either political, power, or monetary-related.

While most groups do not harbor specific ill-will to tourists, there have been seven instances this year in which passerby were caught in the fire between rival gangs. Six of these interactions occurred on Level Four and below, where most organized crime groups tend to gravitate to. Make no mistake-gang members, crime families, human traffickers, and thieves can be anywhere.

Despite the risks, this should not discourage you from visiting Droghal as long as you practice safety techniques in public. Be aware of your surroundings, especially if you bring children. When anywhere below Level Four, be sure to remain indoors late at night. If you must be outdoors at night in the low levels, travel in a group and travel quickly. Nine out of ten times, you will not be met with any resistance. But safety is important, especially in Droghal.

If you encounter any criminal activity, do not engage. Alert the authorities immediately. "

( excerpt from The Guide to Your Stay in Droghal, pg. 169 )