Chapter 12 - Breaking More Rules

I am so behind on work, that i go straight to the office as soon as i arrive back in the city, and i don't leave till it's past midnight.

I crash my head into the pillow as soon as i get home, hoping i am tired enough to sleep through the night till day break.

I am later woken up by Marco and Aaron asking to be let in into my apartment.

"What do you want so earlier in morning" i frown, making myself comfortable on the kitchen counter.

"Well, we are throwing Roman a surprise birthday party tonight, he doesn't want to make a big deal of it obviously, but we agreed to have something low key over here." he says casually.

"We?" i ask, wondering who 'we' is that made that decision without my permission first.

"Uhhmm, everybody. So i have a few people coming over in a minute to bring out a couple of things for tonight and get this place into tip top condition for the party" he says, as if my opinion doesn't matter.

I look at Aaron and he grins. I know i would be wasting my time arguing with the pair of them at this point, so i head for the stairs. I need to get ready for work.

"I want this place back to normal by tommorow morning Marco, not a thing out of place" i stop at the stairs and warn him.

"It will be like we were never here" he grins, and i sigh turning around.

"7pm" he shouts, letting me know the time of the party as i dissapear into the corridor.

*

I should really get to the office but i have been anxious to see Marianne all weekend so i decide to stop by her place first.

I am just checking up on her, no big deal.

She is just walking out of her building when i am about to go up and she nearly gets a heartattack when we literally bump into each other.

"Calm down, it's just me" i chuckle, trying to steady her.

She looks up at me with wide eyes and one hand on her chest over her heart.

"Don't sneak up on me like that" she says angrily, out of breath.

"I wasn't sneaking, it's a sharp corner, i can't see through walls" i snap back. She is obviously in a bad mood.

"What do you want?" she asks, picking up her books that fell to the floor during our impact.

"I look at her down at my feet, and regret having come here.

"I wanted to check up on you, see how your were doing, after... You know" i say, refering to the incident with her brother.

"I am fine, sorry, i just didn't really expect you or anyone" She stands up, looking at me.

I nod.

"I can see you are fine, i will leave you to it then" i say, turning around and leaving.

What was i thinking coming here to begin with anyway, this was such a stupid mistake.

I am nearly by my car when i hear her calling to me from behind, but i enter it anyway and start the ignition. I start to reverse out of the carpark when she finally catches up to me and i decide to lower the window.

"Hey, i am really sorry, i was just startled. Am really sorry. It's just....." she says while pushing some stray hair from her face behind her ear.

"Don't worry about it" i say, before driving off.

I can see this is going to be a fucked up day.

*

"Hey" Rita waves at me as i walk into Ally's house for our lessons.