CHAPTER XXXVII: THE FORGOTTEN WARM

It was a swift moved. The man already caught up from the pain, and was about to kick her on the ground. Her arms instinctively covered her head.

"Ack."

At her narrowed sight, the man fell down. "Wait. How—?"

Then, she turned her glance up. Brown hair with a mask. It was the boy that she was looking for. "Rose!"

Rose approached the middle aged man, who was still lying on the ground, by his kick. The man still boiling in pain. He was crouching on the ground and holding to his abdomen, where he was kicked greatly. Nevertheless, it did not stop Rose to kick him again on its side. The man rolled down the ground. It was a heavy kick.

"Ack. Please... please. Enough." The man started to beg for mercy.

"Please. I am sorry." Cough cough.

Rose stopped, turned around. It was then he approached her who was tossed on the ground. He held her gently and stood her up.

"Rose..." Beatrice' eyes welled up in tears again, but not because of her present situation. It was because that he was safe, and her fears did not occur.

The man, who was beaten up, was still able to stand up. Rose turned back again to him, and gave him a big upper cut. It was the time that the man was already knocked out.

"Rose..."

["I am sorry for being late, My Lady. Do you feel alright?]

Beatrice did not even give any attention on the scribbles, instead, she carefully examined him. "Thank God!"

"..."

"Thank goodness. Nothing bad happened to you, Rose. I am very worried when you were gone." She was crying with relief. She was really worried when he was gone.

"..."

"Please don't disappear like that again."

Rose' irises widened and his heart was covered with mixed inexplicable emotions: guilt, warm, relief, and so forth. "Why are you being like this? You should not have acting this way."

****-------****

Both of them already returned from the market, Rose escorted her from the woods. He already handed to her the gift for her maid, which the latter was already hugging it.

Even though, the ending event on their trip had unexpectedly unpleasant and dangerous part, the overall result was fun and gratifying. And on the other hand, she was relief that nothing harm happened to them.