CHAPTER XL: CONFUSION

"Seeing your eyes now, you don't believe, am I right?"

Zeke snapped from his thoughts, and lowered his gazed on the ground. Though, he was able to nod as his response.

"I am quiet expecting that. No one would ever believe to them, nowadays. Even me, I haven't seen any fairy." Beatrice calmly replied and smiled while glancing to the wide flower field.

"But you know, not because you don't see them, doesn't mean that they aren't there." She continued.

"—not because you don't see them, doesn't mean that they aren't there."

He lifted his head, who was looking at the ground, and glanced to the woman.

The woman, who said the same thing with her mother, calmly smiled on the flower field. The wind was softly waving to them that the petals gently whirled around her. It was like the fairies celebrating their princess' arrival.

But he abruptly averted his gaze on the lady, then, decided to pick up a flower. He approached her, and put the blue flower on her ears. It was a blue anemone.

"Thank you, Rose. I will treasure it. Anyway, shall we head to the market now?"

As he didn't understand what he was doing at the time, he just nodded and go ahead to act as the guide.

"Why did I pick up that flower and personally put it to her?" An unknown turmoil was building up inside of him.

****-------****

The market was still lively today. They walked side by side to each other. He suggested that the lady wore an inconspicuous attire. It will be easy for them to walk in the market with ordinary appearance, but the lady was still need to wear cloak to cover her head. Her silver hair was too rare in the commoner's life.

"Nope, I should focus at looking for Marielle's present. No food."

Nevertheless, they both wore hooded cloak to ensure their identity that not leaking out.

"...?"

"I am sorry. Let's continue to our real agenda." She firmly said.

Rose just tilted his head in a confused manner. So, he turned his glance to where the lady was looking at a while ago. It was a barbeque stand.

"So she's mumbling to herself again."

"Did she just wanted to it eat barbeque?"

"Then, why not she just ordered me to buy it for her?"

While looking at the lady from behind, his thought wondered. "Don't tell me that she was really serious on prioritizing a gift for her servant?"