Chapter 29: Living

Being in a pack as big as this felt odd to me, there were so many people in one area, all with their thoughts and feelings. All of them living their lives as they wish to.

I almost envy their paths in life, but I am satisfied with how mine has been thus far. After all, had I not been raised in an unexplored territory, I would have never met Opal. Speaking of...

"Adlar you can't be serious." She said.

"Sorry, but I'm under strict orders to accompany you today, since Regina was so near the pack territory there's no telling when she'll appear again." Said Adlar, a serious but monotone tone in his voice.

He was taking this order quite seriously, it seems he does not like Regina that much either.

"She isn't someone anyone here likes. Most people do not even want to say her name. I did not think someone so hated could be possible." Said Ximena. I mentally nod, agreeing with her words.

It is strange to have met her, and by the aura, she emitted as well as how Opal reacted to her every word even I could tell she was not a good person.

"She also greatly insulted you, attacked you with words in the means of putting you beneath her mentally. I think you should have done more than knocking her out." Said Ximena, a slight growl slipping passed her teeth.

I sighed.
"Honestly I too wish I could have done more. However, there was too much risk. Harming her in any way would most likely put me on death row. And god knows what excuse she would be able to pull out of the situation to cause trouble for the pack as a whole." I said.

Looking back to Opal and Adlar I saw Opal move to wrap her arm around his neck and bring him down so that she could whisper in his ear. She did not want me to hear what she had to say, but I sadly heard every word.

"Brother, look, I know you want to do your job but I'm trying to go on a date with my soulmate and I don't want a third wheel around to ruin the mood," She Whispered, before putting her hand in front of him, showing how her thumb and index finger were almost touching each other,

"I was this close to kissing her Adlar. This close! I want to try again and I won't be able to do that with you following us like a ghost!" When she finished her sentence Adlar let out a sigh and moved out of his sister's hold.

"Sister, don't be stupid. Do you think now is a good time to be filling out your romantic fantasies?" He said, rolling his eyes.

"Yes!" She whisper and yelled, "do you have any idea how many times we were in a scenario where we could have kissed? Heck, I could have kissed her this morning!" She added.

Adlar rolled his eyes again and released an annoyed groan out of his mouth.

"Look, don't ask me to not do my job, right now my top priority is keeping you and her safe, sorry it doesn't work with your little hopeless romantic plans but that's just how it has to be." Said Adlar.

I could not help but let out a snort at their conversation, it was quite amusing to see them act like this. I gained both of their attention by doing this, so I realized I might as well tell them the truth.

"You two do realize I can hear you, correct?" I said, releasing a giggle as I noticed how quickly Opal became flushed. She released a slow chuckle and began rubbing the side of her arm.

"Opal, I feel as though Adlar should accompany us, the extra pair of eyes may be useful. And as for wishing to kiss me...I suppose you will have to wait." I said, feeling a small blush start to spread its way onto my cheeks as well.