CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

ISSAC'S P.O.V

Now the office hours were already over, the office was completely silent, contrasting to the working hours when I could hear hustle and bustle of people talking to others or the sound of the fingers typing on the keyboards of the computer and laptops. I decided to work for an hour more because I didn't like to keep things for some other day. After about an hour or two, I received a phone call from my manager asking me about my consent in a particular clients file .I kept giving him instructions on my phone .After the phone call ,I decide that it was already late ,so I closed the files and came out from my office cabin .For the last time ,I checked my desktop and turned it off.

I saw Evelyn doing her work. But after some time she proceeded to rise from her seat, I instantly stood behind her to inquire if she was planning to leave her work? As I tapped my finger on her shoulder to make her keep seated ,she instantly froze and after seeing me there ,she somewhat left a sigh of relief ,that she was holding .I couldn't make out the reason behind her expression but I decided to ask her about the work ,whether she had finished it or not? She replied that she had finished her work and she was planning to leave .I proposed that I should drop her because it was already very late and she might not get any cab there. I saw a shocked expression appearing on her face ,so instead in order to not give her false hope that I cared for her, I clarified that I proposed to drop her so that she would not get in any trouble and I could not let her ghost haunt me for the rest of my life. By looking at her face one could easily make out that if I was not her boss, then she would have rolled her eyes at me instantly.

I proceeded to leave the office and I could hear the clicking of heels on the marble floor behind me, telling me that Evelyn was following me too.

The whole car ride was filled with silence inside the car .I could only hear the noise of the people in the streets .I didn't like silence because it reminded me of being alone and loneliness ,so I tuned in the radio in the car ,the song was completely unknown to me .I didn't hear the song before ,but it felt somewhat a bit listenable( NO HATE GUYS . I LIKE BILLIE ELLISH A LOT THOUGH.). After sometime, I could hear Evelyn humming the lyrics of these song to herself while closing her eyes. Well at least one of us was enjoying the song .I kept driving, listening to the song of various known as well as unknown artists. It felt good to listen to their songs. After about an hour ,I reached her house .I stopped the car and turned towards her .I was instantly met by her dozing off .She was whispering something in her sleep .I couldn't stop myself from smiling at this silly woman .I proceeded to wake her up by shaking her shoulders gently. She immediately woke up and for a second I guess she was taking her time to adapt to the situation but instantly the knowing expression crossed her features and she found herself staring at the blanket with which she was covered. I put that blanket on her because she was practically shaking on the cold air of the powerful air conditioner .I instantly added to her that I didn't want her to fall sick because she would be needed at the meeting .She thanked me but I didn't respond .She got off the car and I drove away instantly.

DO VOTE AND COMMENT. DO TELL ME GUYS YOUR PANDEMIC ROUTINE BECAUSE I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT MY READERS ARE DOING DURING THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION. PS- DONT EVEN ASK WHAT I AM DOING BECAUSE ALL THOSE ONLINE CLASSES, PENDING ASSIGNMENTS, TESTS ARE REALLY MAKING ME GO CRAZY. I JUST WANNA KNOW WHO FIRST INVENTD MUSIC BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY THING THATS KEEPING ME TOGETHER OTHERWISE ALL THOSE PENDING ASSIGNMENTS, TESTS AND CLASSES WERE ENOUGH TO GIVE ME A SERIOUS MENTAL BREAKDOWN.