Chapter 3- Why do I Ask These People for advice?

My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I have a crush on Satou Hiroshi. I taught myself how to talk just so that I could communicate in a way that shows I think differently about him. In a way that is ordinary.

I was fortune enough to walk to school alone at a normal time. I was unfortunate enough to run into the man I have a crush on.

"Oh, hey Saiki!" Sato said sweetly, "Wanna walk to school together? Please keep the answer simple I only learned so much sign language."

"Yeah I'd like that," I said.

'Wow, he got better at speaking,' well obviously, I only did it for you, "I was expecting you to communicate through sign language, you never really talk to anyone."

"I don't really like talking," I explained, "I find it rather cumbersome sometimes because I struggle to get some w-words out. Like that."

"Oh you don't have to talk then," Satou said, "I did learn some sign language."

"I like talking to you," I said without thinking, "It makes me feel normal and sane, it's hard to feel that way when everything in your life makes you feel like you're going insane. I kinda wish I was boring, like mind numbingly boring. It would feel nice and quiet you know."

"Oh," he said. It doesn't seem like an appropriate response, 'Really! He wants a normal boring life? We're like, polar opposites!' yeah, that's more accurate.

"It probably seems o-odd," I said, "but with a life like mine it always feels like too much. A fast paced life, clueless and somewhat-overbearing parents, a psy-psychotic brother, people who aren't even your friends, you're just forced to hang out with them, and e-existential awareness, it all just feels like too much sometimes. I would love to kick back in the quiet and maybe watch TV and enjoy a good coffee jelly. But of course, not with the way I live. Heck I don't even think I have any real friends."

Satou grabbed my hand and smiled at me, "We're real friends!" He smiled and I felt my cheeks flush pink. What a cliche line, I love him so much.

"T-thank you," I said, "I've always w-wanted to be friends with y-you. Ah! P-please don't t-take that the w-wrong way! I don't like s-stalk you or anything." You would think that with psychic powers comes the ability to speak fluently and smoothly, but nope. Although I suppose 16 years of not speaking will make it hard to say some words.

"Haha!" Satou laughed, "No of course, I doubt you'd ever stalk me. I understand." 'That's kind of weird I hope he'd never stalk me.' "Anyways, wanna walk home together after school? Although I'm sure there's an easier way of getting home than the way we walked yesterday." Well dang.

Satou's walk is also perfectly ordinary, he gets home at exactly the right time to do homework, play videogames, then go to bed, an ordinary schedule. But, I do want to walk home with him.

"Y-"

"Saiki!" I hear the sounds of two people running towards me and Satou. Purple hair and Miss fortune.

"Yes," I signed, "I would really like that."

"Okay," Satou smiled at me, "Well then, see you after school!" And with that Satou ran off to his first class. I smiled, then sighed to turn to the two annoyances who cut my meeting short with Satou-kun.

"What do you need?" I asked telepathically, the two looked shocked. They were gaping like idiots.

"You just talked to Hiroshi-kun," Aiura said still gaping.

"Like out loud," Toritsuka added. Good grief these two.

"You must be hearing things," I said annoyed.