I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I felt like my heart was about to fly out of my chest by how much it was pumping as I walked away from Knox. I stumbled over my feet as everything that has happened sunk it; I slumped down into the couch.

Why, after I left for two years because he rejected me, is Knox being nice towards me? First he tells me that he wants to be with me, then doesn't even look at me when I talk to him yet lets me borrow his best car, then just now says that he wants to get to know me!

I just couldn't get the idea through my mind that maybe he actually wanted to try things out, it just wasn't Knox. He has been sleeping with someone three or four times a week! He definitely wasn't ready to date seriously and frankly I didn't want to be with someone like him anyway.

And I have Archer, who is always there for me and loves me. I could see a future with Archer, and I felt comfortable with him. We were stable.

I have to find a way to get the separation between Knox and I to be complete. It sure as hell wasn't going to progress if I kept talking to Knox, in fact it will probably reverse. That scared me, I have come so far and I was not going to start over with it.

"Dinner is ready everyone." I heard Knox's deep voice ring through the room, I inwardly groaned at my liking towards it.

I slowly got off the coach and saw Archer come through the crowd of around twenty people and stop in front of me. His black hair combed and wearing a grey hoodie with jeans.

"Hey babe" He kissed me on my lips then pulled me into a hug. Unintentionally, my eyes flickered to Knox. He was glaring at Archer and he looked incredibly sexy.  I inwardly slapped myself for looking at him. I quickly looked away, closing my eyes.

"Hey" I smiled as soon as we pulled away.

"So what have you been up to today? I haven't seen you at all!" He slung his arm around my waist as we walked toward the dining room.

"I know I missed you!" I said kissing his cheek, careful not to look at Knox, who was staring at us just a few feet away. "But I went and saw family and friends." I smiled.

"How did that go?" Archer looked down at me with worry. He knew how things were left before.

"Really well actually, my dad is doing great and my mom and her mate have a baby on the way." Archer's worried expression turned into a smile. I continued, "And my best friend, Martie and her mate Colby, are going to get married." I said

"Really? They're going to get married?" Archer said with his eyebrow arched.

Usually werewolves didn't get married in the human sense, we had our own ceremony that meant more to us called Mating. The mating ceremony is not when mates mate, but a ceremony where family and friends come to celebrate the love that the mates have for one another. But there were still some of us, like Martie and Colby, who liked the human marriage better. No one really cared which ceremony mates chose to go through with, but it was still a shock when werewolves did a human marriage.

"Yea, ever since we were little, Martie has loved the idea of marriage. So I am not surprised that she is getting "married"." I laughed.

"Huh... I have never known mates that went with marriage." Archer said.

I just made an up and down motion with my shoulders as we walked into the dining room. The long light wooded table had more than enough space with about thirty chairs tucked in. The room looked very modern with light blue paint and white lined windows that covered two of the walls.

Kara, John, and Porter walked into the room with Courtney wrapped in Porter's arms. They all sat on the left side of the table so I decided to pull Archer over with me. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Knox take a seat at the head of the table and a curly headed boy sit next to him, I assumed the Beta.