Chapter 18 | A Boar Hide

*second person p.o.v.*

The room changed again, and again, and again, and again, until you were in a hallway. You looked around and walked ahead slowly, turning a corner and looking around with caution. You continued to proceed forward. 

While walking down the hall, you smelled a new scent. One of a human. It was coming towards you at an alarming speed. "I'm comin' through! I'm comin' through!" The guy repeated. He had a boar mask and was shirtless. He zoomed past you and turned down the corner you just turned, leaving you alone.

Brushing it off, you continue to walk forward, as if nothing ever happened. That wasn't your concern right now. Whilst in thought, you suddenly were transported into a room, again. You look around and find a door, opening it to reveal a demon. 

You jump back and take our your sword immediately. The demon slowly turned its head, drool dripping out of its mouth. "I've haven't eaten in days....." Its head twitched as it slowly walked into the large room. "So be a good little girl and let me eat your organs!" The demon charged at you with its mouth wide open, fangs and all.

You moved out of the way as you were almost clawed at. 'This demon's fast!' You thought. You got into stance and were about to do a breathing form but was stopped once again. You once again dodged, earning a deep cut on your side. "The smell of your blood makes me drool!" The demon said, as you got into stance again. 

'Fourth form. Striking tide.' You ran forward as the demon rambled on, and sliced through his head easily. "Hey! How dare you! How dare you interrupt me! You'll pay for this, you brat! You'll pay!" Those words were his last words before he crumbled away.

You bowed with your hands together and said a little prayer, leaving the room only to find Tanjiro with a guy on his back. "N/n! I'm so glad you're okay!" Tanjiro said with a large smile (N/n= nickname). 

You sighed out in relief and ruffled Tanjiro's hair. "Who... are you?" The guy on Tanjiro's back had queried. "This is my older sister, Y/n!" Tanjiro introduced proudly. "Hello, nice to meet you. You must be the older brother, correct?" The little girl nodded with a smile. "I'm relieved to see you're all unharmed." That's when Tanjiro noticed you holding your side.

"I wish i could say the same. Did you get cut or something? What happened?" Tanjiro asked with worry. "I ran into a demon and had to fight him. I got this cut in the process. No big deal." You explained. 

"No big deal? This is a big deal. You're hurt!" Tanjiro scolded and lectured you about how to be more careful. "It's fine, i'm fine. Let's just go. I smell blood coming from outside." You started to walk, leaving Tanjiro behind. "W-wait for me!" Tanjiro ran and slowed down to match your pace as Teruko held your hand.

Soon, you all made it outside of the mansion and its maze. "Take this! Move it! Draw your sword and fight me! You spineless punk!" The guy with the boar hide was kicking Zenitsu who was all bloodied and beat up. 

"Y/n, Tanjiro.... i protected it. Because you said... this was more important to you... than your lives." Zenitsu was hugging Nezuko's box in a tight grip. Your eyes softened at what Zenitsu had said. The guy with the boar mask continued to stomp on Zenitsu. 

"You won't draw your blade even after all that bravado, you dumbass? If you're a fellow demon slayer, then let's see you fight!" You felt anger as the guy with the boar mask kept stomping on Zenitsu.

"Enough! If you don't move out of the way, i'll just have to skewer you along with that box!" He raised his sword. "That's enough! Knock it off!" Tanjiro shouted. He ran forward before you could say anything else. Tanjiro landed a powerful punch, that sent the other guy flying. 

"Aren't you a demon slayer? Don't you get why Zenitsu refuses to draw his sword? It's because we're forbidden from drawing our blades on one another for no reason. Yet here you are, giving him a one-sided beatdown! Are you having a blast? You're the lowest of the low!" Tanjiro yelled.

As Tanjiro and the boar mask guy fought, you went over to Zenitsu and wiped the blood off his face. "Are you okay?" You asked. "I'm fine. My eye just hurts a little." Zenitsu replied with a small sniffle. "Ah. Sorry. If me and Tanjiro got out sooner, maybe we could've helped you." You sheepishly said. 

"Oh. It's fine. I mean, you guys are helping me now, right?" Zenitsu chuckled awkwardly to which you smiled at. You looked back over at Tanjiro and the other guy. "It's time i stop this fight." You disappeared and reappeared in front of Tanjiro.

"Y/n-!" Tanjiro said. You dodge his punches easily and then grab his shoulders. "It's time you calm down a little and leave us alone!" You slammed your head down on his, watching him stumble back. His boar mask fell off to reveal a a boy with female-like features. He had beautiful emerald eyes and black, short hair that faded out into dark blue. 

"Huh? A girl? What? Your face!" Zenitsu exclaimed. "What the hell? You got a problem with my face or something?" He asked. "You're one creepy guy, you know that? You've got quite a girly face for such a ripped body." Zenitsu stated.

"What the hell are you staring at my face for?" The guy asked. "I-i'm not!" Zenitsu got up and ran, hiding behind Teruko. "I'm not looking at your face!" Zenitsu repeated. "We don't have a problem with your face! It's quite petite, fair-skinned, and therefore attractive!" Tanjiro stated. 

"Say that to my fist! Come at me! Both of you!" The guy demanded. "Not happening! I'm not gonna attack you anymore!" Tanjiro declared. "I'm not going to hurt you either. I only stopped you and Tanjiro from fighting." You said. "Try head-butting me one more time!" The guy urged. "No." You replied nonchalantly.

"I told you to do it! Now come!" The guy argued. "No, i will not. Just relax for a bit. Are you fine?" You said. "Hey, Mr. Forehead and Miss Mask. Let me tell you my name. It's Inosuke Hashibira! Don't you dare forget!" Inosuke said. "How do you spell that?" Tanjiro asked. 

"Spell? Spell.... i don't know how to read or write! My name is written on my loinclo-" Inosuke suddenly paused. "Hm? What's the matter?" You asked. Inosuke's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he fell over. Before he could hit the ground, you disappeared and reappeared behind him. You caught his heavy body and lowered yourself onto the ground.

"He collapsed! Is he dead?" Zenitsu said. "He's not dead. It's probably a concussion. Because Y/n head-butted the hell out of him." Tanjiro said whilst wiping his bloody nose. "Are you okay, Tanjiro?" Teruko asked. "Yeah." Tanjiro nodded. "What about you, Y/n?" Teruko asked. "I'm fine." You replied. 

"Amazing! Can i touch your head?" Teruko walked over to you. "Of course." You pulled down your mask, only revealing your forehead. Teruko rubbed her hand along your forehead in amazement. 

"Wow! You have a hard head!" You nodded with a giggle, pulling your mask back up as Teruko took her hand back. "You think so, huh?" You tilted your head.

___________________________________________________

(1253 words)